Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about bearing one another’s burdens. These scriptures make me think of the word compassion. Jesus was a very compassionate man, and still is today. He currently sits at the right-hand of God, making intercession for us, because He can empathize with the plight of a human being. As believers we’re in a “brotherhood of sorts, which is most often referred to as the body of Christ. We’re responsible for each other, which is why we’re commanded to bear each other’s burdens.

When Jesus enters our life, we’re anointed with His Holy Spirit, and He begins to transform us into a person of Christ. As time goes by and we’re seeking the kingdom of God, we’ll take on the heart of Christ, and gradually become more compassionate. God wants us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, so when my brother hurts I hurt, and when he rejoices I rejoice. Jesus dedicated His life to us, and spent countless hours healing the sick, and preaching the love of God. He believed in giving people the tools necessary to survive in this world. He offers to shoulder our burdens, and helps us along the way, only requiring faith and love in return. He won’t live life for us, but He’ll do His best to makes sure that we know that we’re loved, and He’s always there when we need Him. Everything we ask the Father we ask in His Name, because we belong to Him, and we’re one.

What does being a Christian mean to you? To me, being a Christian means that I’m taking on the heart of Christ, and I am to dedicate my life to God first, and then to my brothers and sisters. I believe that I’ve been chosen to do certain jobs and tasks, but I’m to do them all in the Name of Christ. I understand that I am a representative of Christ, and what I do reflects Him, so I do my best to represent Him well, but I sometimes fall short, as many of us do. That’s okay too, because that’s a part of helping others—never forget that our test become testimonies. I took some time to read the Sermon on the Mount again last night, and I learned so much about what God expects from me as a person. In the story, Jesus was being followed by “multitudes” of people, who had all heard about His powers, and they came to see Him and praise Him for His good works. Jesus saw this as an awesome opportunity to give us some food for the Spirit, something that will change our lives forever. He taught us how to conduct ourselves as children of God, in an otherwise evil world.

The fact is that believers in Christ should love one another. It’s been instilled in our hearts and it’s our duty to act on that love. When we see people in need we help them, in the Name of Jesus. Sometimes the only way we could help is by prayer, but that also works wonders. Some people won’t do for others unless there’s a reward in it for them—I know, because I used to be one of those people. I used to think “I’ll donate this money because I’ll get a tax write-off at the end of the year”. There were also times when I saw someone in need I would calculate how giving what I have would affect me, but I knew that that’s what God wanted me to do. One of my favorite parts of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount was when He said: “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?” (Matt. 6:26) The first time I read this a light bulb went off in my head. It reminds me of the first time I heard Dr. Charles Stanley say, “Obey God and leave the consequences to Him”. Life is just that simple for believers. When we are serving each other unselfishly, and with a sincere heart, God will make sure that we have everything we’ll ever need.

Love from the living God is a beautiful thing. When His love penetrates your heart, giving freely, having compassion and caring for others comes naturally. We must step outside of ourselves and try to see life through Jesus’ eyes. Love everyone that crosses your path, but shield your heart by recognizing people by their fruit. Bless those who love you, as well as those who hate or use you, because that’s the true meaning of God’s unconditional love.

You are my brothers and sisters and I love you, and only want what’s best for you, so whatever I could do to make your life better, even if it’s just saying a prayer for you, I’m willing. If you don’t know Jesus as Lord, I want to start by giving your some valuable information that will change and shape your entire future. Jesus loves you despite anything you’ve done in the past. The wonderful thing about the past is that it is the past, it’s gone and there’s no turning back. Presently, you can go to God and confess the sins of your past, and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life, so He could help mold and shape your future. Please take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now! My favorite verses today are: Be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: not rendering evil for evil or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. (1 Peter 1:3-8)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455546&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment