Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you enjoyed this Terrific Tuesday. I'm doing well, and am enjoying the rain, sunshine, and the wonderful smell of flowers blooming, in the air; God is so awesome! It's rather fitting to celebrate Easter in the spring, because it's a time when things that were once presumed dead, are resurrected. I used to marvel at the bare tree branches in the dead of winter, and wonder how these old dry and brittle branches, could without fail, bring back beautiful colorful leaves, each and every spring season. That's the cycle of life, and we go through many many seasons, which is normal for each and every human being. This week we celebrate the life and death of Jesus Christ, because it seals the fate of the believer. As we relive the week before the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, think about what it means to your life. I've been faced with a rather perplexing question throughout my wilderness period--I've been asked "Who do you say that I Am?", just as Jesus asked Peter. Peter gave Jesus the correct answer, but the question still remains, what did that really mean to Peter, and what does that really mean to us? We're approaching "Maundy Thursday", where we celebrate Jesus' last supper with the disciples, "Good Friday", celebrating the day Jesus was crucified, and then the ultimate day, Ester Sunday, when Praise the Lord, our Savior lives! I grew up in Southern Baptist churches, and we never celebrated the Lent season in great detail. It wasn't until I joined the Disciples of Christ church, that I started to get into the celebration of the season, and I'm so grateful that I have. I urge you, no matter if your denomination is Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, AME, etc., to take this time to get closer to Jesus, by appreciating and understanding His passion for you. Enjoy the remainder of your day, and be blessed family!

Today's scriptures are about the truth, the way, and the Light, Jesus Christ! Jesus is a Name of great debate all across the world. It's a Name in which some will rejoice, and some will kill over. However, it is in fact, not just a name, but the Name above all Names, which belongs to the one and only Son of God. Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior, Rabbi, and High Priest to the entire human race. There is nobody greater than Him! When I listen to VaShawn Patterson's song, "Nobody Greater", it helps me with the answer to that question, "Who do you say that I Am?", because in my heart, mind, and soul, I know that there has never been, is, nor ever will be, nobody greater than Jesus! He's the reason that we can live in freedom, grace, mercy, love, and utter peace. Now as I write this, I don't want this to sound rehearsed and/or recited, because this comes from my heart. When I think of how special I am to Him, that He chose to lay down His life for the likes of me, it makes my heart rejoice! It makes me want to be like Him, to make Him proud, to give myself to Him, which is the lest I could do, after all that He's done for me. He's me given my life back, after the devil came in and stole it. He's healed me, and comforted me when no one else could. He's protected me and fought for me to be at the place that I am in my life, and only the Lord truly knows that I've been in some dark places, so again I say in my heart, mind, and soul, there's nobody greater than Jesus.

How many of you know who Jesus is? I mean really, who is He to you? Don't answer right away, or try to read right pass this section, but really take some time to think about it. It's not as easy as it seems. We've all read the books, and watched the movie, so in theory we know who He is, but WHO is He to you? Do you know that He's the only way to God--do you understand what that means? I love Him so much because He's been exactly where I've been. He's been tempted, lied to, betrayed by friends, and had great expectations on His life. As a little baby, people worshiped Him, and expected great things out of Him, so He had to live up to those expectations. From a child He sought out the Word of God, and yearned to be close to Him. He made the right choices, even when His friends were choosing to do other things. Can you imagine the life you must live to get to the age of 33 years old and have never sinned? I can't imagine getting through the rest of the week without sinning, and He went through His entire life. His life was "squeaky clean", so He never did anything to deserve the torture He received, that ultimately lead to His earthly death. He knew that going in, but He went to the cross anyway, to take on the sins of all of mankind. He did this so that we could have a fighting chance at an abundantly peaceful life forever.

It's always good to question your beliefs and faith every once an awhile, because if you're content with where you are in your Faith walk, how will you ever grow? It's written: Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. (1 Peter 2:1-3) We have to take action, each day we awake--Jesus said, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me." (Luke 9:23) In order to truly take up our cross, we must die to the flesh, by doing the things Peter mentioned in the aforementioned verses. These things require focus, dedication, and a blatant yearning for the Love of God. This is the reason that Jesus was so adamant about our daily re-commitment to Him, because that is what it took for Him to make the sacrifices that He made for us. What do you think kept Him strong enough to endure? First it was the love He had for His Father, and then it was the love that He's always had for us. This is a reason to rejoice!

After all of the things I've done in the past, whether mistakenly or blatantly, to sin against God, Jesus still loves me! No matter what I'll do, or even thinking about doing in the future, Jesus will still love me, and will forgive me as soon as I ask! Right now, at this very moment He's watching over me, speaking to me, living through me, loving for me, and enduring with me; what more could I ever ask for? I have my answer to the question of "Who do 'I' say that He is?", so it's time for you to come up with your own, if you haven't already. If you don't quite know who He is to you, or what role He plays in your life, then take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now; maybe you'll find some much needed answers. As always if you need someone to talk to or pray with, never hesitate to contact me, by replying to this e-mail. My favorite verses today are: We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:1-2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455671&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment