Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Today's scriptures are about God’s rest for the weary. Yesterday we learned about eternal rest, but today we learn about rest on earth, which is also called peace. Work is the main focus for most Christians. There are times when we're to minister by working for our church, schools, or volunteering for a worthy cause, and those things could be time consuming, as well as draining. Then there are times when God has us be still for a while, and just listen and learn from Him. There are seasons we're to give, and some we’re to receive, but through every season, the one thing that is evident is temptation. Sin causes us to lose our peace, and through our busy times, we're so preoccupied with the task at hand, we can get frustrated or irritable and sin. In our restful times, our mind could be too idle, and we look for things to entertain us, and our eyes could be opened to things that cater to our weak spots. Every person has a weak spot, something or someone who has very bad influences on them, but Christ gives us ways out of all of these situations. Jesus promised to be our strength, so we must learn how to recognize our limits. We all have or will reach a point were we can't take anymore, and our decisions at those moments are crucial to our Faith walk. We must be careful of who and what we do or don't surround ourselves with, because the enemy comes to steal our joy, and will use any means necessary. We must take steps to make sure that we take care of our mental, physical, and spiritual health, and Jesus will do the rest. If we know we have a strenuous schedule ahead, we must make sure we pray without ceasing, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, exercise, surround ourselves with positive and uplifting people, and most importantly try your best to get as much sleep as possible. Our bodies are the Lord’s temples, and if we're not feeling good within, it affects our relationship with God. It leaves us open for greater temptation, and gives us less drive to fight back. I woke up the other day and was lead to read Psalms 77, which explained the type of night I'd had. There are times when we'll get so weary that we cannot even speak to God, and where we simply feel like life stinks, and there are changes that need to be made. God taught me, through this passage, that it was okay for me to feel that way, and assured me that I'm not the only one. He assured me that no matter what goes on in life, Jesus will be with us, and His Spirit will lead us through. Through Faith, we have the power to overcome anything that threatens to knock us down, and that's what will give us the courage and the strength to take one more step. We'll experience times of haves and have not’s, but that shouldn't dictate our happiness, because we serve a God who have conquered the world, and there's nothing we'll ever want for. After the Author of this Psalm explained his weariness he wrote: And I said, “This is my anguish; But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.” I will remember the works of the LORD; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds. Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary; Who is so great a God as our God? You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples. You have with Your arm redeemed Your people... (vs 10-15) He's teaching us that no matter what happens in life, God is who He is, and He will never change. Just like this man of God, we should claim victory over our struggles, even when we're going through them. Praise God, continue to follow His ways, and you'll have that internal peace. Depression is something that I know very well, and it wasn't until I started listening to God, as much as I was speaking to Him, that my peace was restored. There are times when I'm down, but not for long, He always sees me through. There are days I wake up and think, "how am I going to make it another day", but He gives me the answer and puts a smile on my face. That type of rest is invaluable, and it's a free gift through the saving Grace of Jesus Christ. Look to the Lord, pray and meditate on His word, and He will give you peace which surpasses all understanding. Jesus is just a prayer away; so let me know if you need someone to pray with. My favorite verses today are: Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:1-2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455202&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment