Thursday, January 7, 2010

Daily Devotional

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today's scriptures are about what God thinks of us. When I was reading through the Faith Walk Ministry’s website, I noticed one quote that gave me another one of those epiphanies I was referring too yesterday: " Our wish for you this year is that you will appreciate the reality of knowing that you are the apple of God's eye!" That's an awesome way to think of our relationship with God, because we are, in fact, the "apple of His eye". He created us to be one with Him, as His companions, and most importantly in His image. He's our Heavenly Father, yet He loves us far more than any earthly parent can love a child. He gave us His only begotten Son as a sacrifice for our sins, to renew our Spirits, and share that special bond with us again. Why then do so many Christians have such a poor self-image? The first thing the enemy attacks is your confidence in who you are, and who you are in the Lord. He uses sin and guilt to make you believe that God doesn't love you, because of what you've done. I can't count how many times I've asked an unbeliever why they wasn't saved, and the answer was "because I'm not ready yet, I need to change my life and get right". There are also numerous Christians who are saved but aren’t sure, for the same reasons. This causes them to compromise their relationship with Jesus, and lose all inner peace. I see the pain on a person's face when they say, "I don’t know if I'm saved, because I've done so much wrong". O ye of little Faith! Jesus has conquered sin, and He says it best in Matt 18:10: For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. Perfection comes from the blood of Jesus, none of us can achieve it on our own, and God doesn't expect us too. He loves us regardless, and Jesus also said: And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” (John 10:28-30) When we accept Jesus, as Lord and Savior He’ll always be there for us, so never worry about losing your Salvation, your sin debt is paid in full. When God sees you, He sees His perfect creation. He doesn't see your outer appearance, what you're wearing, or how much money you have, He sees your heart, and He loves you. When you praise Him, follow His will, and pray to Him He's proud. It's written: The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. (Psalms 145:8) As humans we fail to see the bigger picture, God is so much more powerful than we could imagine. As I was on plane a few weeks ago, we flew over a city, and all I could see were the lights, and the homes looked like small models, and sat on perfect winding roads, and I thought, "wow, we're such a small part in the world, how mighty God must be". It's written: “ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Cor. 2:9) He sits on a throne in Heaven looking down on us, and although we're such a small part of this huge universe, He loves us more than we could ever imagine. He chooses us personally, to complete His will, and we're so important that not one of our prayers is missed, and He communicates with us daily. Here's a question that has a seemingly obvious answer, but really think about it. Do you truly know how much God loves you? Don't spend another moment thinking that you're not worthy because Jesus gave His life to prove otherwise. Start living like a child of God, and set out to love yourself a fraction as much as God loves you. Spend some time with Him, and allow Him to pour His love into you. Even if you haven't confessed Jesus as Lord, God still loves you, and is waiting to hear from you, please take the time to say that prayer. My favorite verse today is: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jerimiah 29:11)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455204&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment