Monday, January 4, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today's scriptures are about receiving complete rest. While in the flesh we'll get weary, both physically and emotionally. In most cases being emotionally exhausted is much worst than physically. In God we receive peace, but we won't receive complete rest until we enter the Kingdom of God, where Jesus has prepared a place for those who believe in Him. This life is indeed a race to the finish, and throughout that race, we learn, laugh, cry, scream, rejoice, praise, curse, and whatever other emotion that you could think of. The one thing for sure is that life isn't easy for anyone, nor was it easy for Jesus Christ. Jesus kept His peace by knowing whom He was working for, and where He was going to end up when His tasks were complete. It didn't matter the physical pain He would have to endure to get there. When our focus is on the Lord, things get a lot easier, because Jesus helps us bear our burdens, and gives us the strength to overcome them. When Paul wrote his final letter to Timothy, he was in good cheer, even though he knew that he would be killed soon. He wrote: For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.(2 Tim. 4:6-8) At the beginning of this Chapter Peter urged Timothy: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. (vs. 2) Do you think this message was meant only for Timothy? A lot of people don't follow Christianity because they think it's too volatile. Some people say that Christians are very close-minded and judgmental. They choose not to believe that there is only One True God, and His son will return to receive us and give us rest, and for those people we must pray. Pain and trouble will come, that's a given, but I'd rather suffer for God, and with Jesus, than to suffer alone. He's given me peace and strength, and will give me rest for my soul when it's all said and done. Death is inevitable, and it will come to each and everyone of us, but until then we must "Preach the word and be ready!” as Paul so eloquently put it. I know in my heart that Jesus lives, because He's in me, and I can feel His presence all around me. When He speaks I listen, and He does the same. God has given me a million second chance because of Him, and will ultimately give me a crown of glory. I write these devotionals in the Spirit daily, to ensure that you know it too. Focus is my new word for the year 2010, because where your focus is, determines where your heart is, and when your heart is in the Lord, and He in you, there's no stopping you. You can do All things through Christ who strengthens you, and Faith is all the fuel you’ll need. Make the best of today, and don't live strictly on circumstances and emotions, but live with the Peace in knowing that soon and very soon we are going to see the King, and live all eternity in bliss. If you don't know Jesus as your Savior then you haven't experienced true peace on earth, nor will you have a mansion waiting for you when your race is complete. He's a simple prayer away; it doesn't require any blood, sweat, or tears, because Jesus has already done that for you. My favorite verse today is: There the wicked cease from troubling: and there the weary be at rest. (Job 3:17)
ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455201&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment