Saturday, October 9, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Today's scriptures are about living without boundaries and fears. I've always been a "risk taker", and I believe in trying anything (within reason) once, just to see how it goes. I think outside of the box, and welcome any challenge; it's just in my nature. There was a time in my life where I didn't take many chances, and was afraid of failure, or being judged by others. When I made the decision to surrender my life to Christ, I found that the fear that once controlled me, affected me less and less each day, because I used that energy to focus on the Lord. I have a very analytical mind, so reading the bible, seeing my prayers being answered, and watching God work in my life and in the life of other believers, helped me truly understand His love for me. He loves me unconditionally, so "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4). We walk amongst evil every day, and God is with us, so there's no need to fear.

There's a difference between fear and caution. God blessed us with a conscience and common sense from birth, to help us make sound decisions, so we each have the ability to to make good judgments. We know the warning signs of danger, and we shouldn't walk the line, or push limits. When we receive Jesus as Lord, we also receive the Holy Spirit, who better directs our paths, so we must follow His lead, and take caution not to test God. It's written: You shall not tempt the LORD your God as you tempted Him in Massah. You shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, His testimonies, and His statutes which He has commanded you. And you shall do what is right and good in the sight of the LORD, that it may be well with you..." (Deut. 6:16-18) Jesus quoted verse 16 to the devil, when he asked Him to throw Himself off of the top of a mountain, in order to prove that He was the Son of God (Matt 4:1-11). He could have flown off of that mountain top if He wanted to, but He didn't have a need to prove anything to anyone, especially the enemy, because He was secure in whom He was in God.


We are much stronger than we think, and through Christ, we can conquer the world. God has given us dominion over everything on this earth, and we've inherited the Kingdom of God. He's made provisions for us, and all we have to do is love Him, and trust Him to take care of us. There's nothing anyone could do or say that will change the will of God, not even the enemy. However fear is a crippling emotion, which prevents us from living life to our fullest. We give whatever we fear dominion over our life, and become a slave to it. It's almost like reverse worship, because we become so overwhelmed and consumed by it, that it becomes a part of our everyday life. Fear is the opposite of faith, because it keeps us in bondage, and we lose site of the fact that God is still in control. God will never give us more than we could bear, and He protects us with each step we take.


Take a few moments and think about your fears? Then, take a few moments to ask yourself why you fear those things. Do you understand how mighty God is? The truth is He's the only One we should ever fear, because as it's written in my favorite verses of today, “He has the power to take your life, and cast your soul into hell". At the same time, when He's respected, revered, and relied upon, He can lift you to heights you never thought you could go. Living a life in fear is the worst life you could possibly live. Be free in knowing that nothing can touch you without God's permission, He loves you, and has your best interest at heart, so He'll always protect you.


Your soul is more important than this temporary flesh, so lay fear down. We all have our time to perish, so don't prevent yourself from living that abundant life you deserve, because you're afraid to die. Don't stop doing the things you love, because you're afraid to be judged or talked about. Don't stop loving the person you love, because you're afraid to get hurt, be open to it, and enjoy it while you can. Nothing is for certain, and life is too short not to cherish each day, so live like there's no tomorrow. Remember God is counting on us to strengthen His kingdom, and there isn't much we could do if we allow fear to consume us. Fear is always going to be a part of life, and there's nothing wrong with that, but in the words of Joyce Meyer, "Do it Afraid", and come out in victory.


If you don't know Jesus as Lord, then I suggest you get to know Him today. Jesus is the only way to face and conquer your fears. He offers true deliverance from the world and everything in it. Also remember we're living to please Him, so the energy we spend on fear, should always be spent on Him. You'll find more clarity on living your life for Christ, by taking the God Quiz, do it right now. My favorite verses today are: Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell: yea, I say unto you, Fear him. (Luke 12:4-5)



ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455478&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment