Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone and you're enjoying this terrific Tuesday. I'm doing well, and feeling wonderful after a much needed vacation. I just came back from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and I had an awesome time. I experienced things that I've never experienced before, met people I never thought I'd meet, and conquered a few fears, including my fear of long distance traveling. It's amazing what God can, and has, done in my life, including filling me with love, and bringing people in my life who loves me unconditionally, it's a wonderful thing. I'm trying to get my bearings back, after a very long flight. I came back into the country yesterday, and have been on the move ever since. I wanted to say hello to everyone, and let you know that I still love you, and will resume the full devotional tomorrow. I'm still fighting off a little jet lag and trying to get my timing back in order [after trying to get used to a huge time difference], but God has given me the strength to endure all that comes my way. I'll share pictures as soon as I get a chance to upload and edit my album. Enjoy the remainder of your evening, and be blessed family!

I usually get my reference bible verses from www.bible.com , but the website is down for maintenance, which is perfect, because I wasn't going to do the full devotional tonight (God is good!). I want to share a Psalm with you, which was brought my spirit tonight, and I hope it blesses you as much as it's blessed me. God loves all of us, but those of us who reverence, love, and respect Him are nearest to His heart. He requires only two things from us, to love Him and to love each other. To love Him means to have Faith in Him, to have in Him is to trust Him, to trust Him is to keep His commandments. Those of us, who do our best to complete His will, by putting in the work that goes with Faith, receive His blessings in abundance. To have wisdom is to know what a blessing really is. It's not always good fortune, fame, a fancy house, nice cars, or a nice outer appearance, but it's just good old fashion love. When God loves you everything around you will be blessed, and each of us have received many wonderful blessings, we just have to open our eyes to see them.

I chose to give you this Psalm in the Amplified Version, because I think it exudes the message I'm trying to relay. Just know that love is reciprocated, and you get out of life what you put into it.

Psalm 128

A Song of Ascents.

BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, to be envied) is everyone who fears, reveres, and worships the Lord, who walks in His ways and lives according to His commandments.

For you shall eat [the fruit] of the labor of your hands; happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) shall you be, and it shall be well with you.

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine in the innermost parts of your house; your children shall be like olive plants round about your table.

Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord.

May the Lord bless you out of Zion [His sanctuary], and may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life;

Yes, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel!

ENJOY! http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment