Monday, November 1, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about living in wait of the Lord. Jesus said: Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:13) This, and the fact that we also have no idea if we’ll be taken from this earth before Jesus’ return, is why we must do our best to get prepared. We should live each day looking for the Lord, because life doesn’t stop after we’ve received salvation. I’ve seen so many people become saved, or carry the title “Christian”, but continue to live as if they’ve never spoke the Name Jesus Christ. It happens to so many of us, and it causes us to lose so much precious time getting to know our Heavenly Father, as well as keeps us open to so much more stress and turmoil.

Seeking fellowship with our Father is our lifeline. It’s the only way to truly have life more abundantly. To awake each day seeking His will for our life, is the only way to fulfill the ultimate commandments of loving Him, and loving each other with all of heart. God has our life already figured out, so who better to go to for this than Him? I don’t know about you, but I spent the at least the first twenty-eight years of my life lost and confused. In the last fifteen, I didn’t know where to go or what to do. I was filled with all of these hopes and dreams, but I couldn’t quite figure out how to choose one, and get there. I had already confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior, but I was one of those ones who continued “living life”, in hopes of one day finding my way. I knew how to pray, and how to study the Word, but “living life” was more important. It’s not a day that goes by that I don’t wish that I could turn back the hands of time, and live the last fifteen years over again, with the wisdom acquired. However, what’s so beautiful about the Love of God is that I don’t have to; my life starts from today.

I’ve honestly learned the value of a true relationship with God – there’s nothing like it. No one, or nothing, could fulfill you the way that God can. When His love penetrates your heart, it’s like nothing you’ve ever felt before. The sad thing is that there are way too many Christians that have never experienced His love. I mean truly been opened to it. You know why? They haven’t sought Him with their heart. I’m telling you, when you wake up in the morning, before you wash your face and brush your teeth, drop to your knees in prayer. Ask Him to open your eyes and allow you to see Him in everything. Ask for the wisdom to be able to receive His love, from any and everything that’s brought into your life. Be open to Him. You’ll be surprised at the beauty you’ll see in other people.

This reminds me of the movie “Shallow Hal” (I saw it again last night), which is about this guy who only dated women that society told him were beautiful, but he never took the time to learn a woman’s heart. Hal met this Physiologist and motivational speaker, who specialized in helping people see the beauty in everything, and the heart of others. Well (long story short), he hypnotized Hal, so that Hal saw only the beauty inside of a person. This movie reminds me so much of what God does to our heart. When we seek Him, and make Him priority in our life, He begins to penetrate our heart, so that we could dig deeper, below the surface. He allows us to see the beauty in everything, and life is so much more peaceful that way. We can better walk through the valley of the shadow of death, and fear no evil, because we can feel that He’s with us. Only love could permit us to overcome the world.

Spending everyday waiting on God allows us to get to know Him to a point where we’ll be able to discern between good and evil. I’m sure you’ve heard of the saying “wolf in sheep’s clothing”; well that’s exactly how the enemy operates. Jesus warned us: “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.” (Matt. 10:16) The wisest thing for us to do is to recognize God’s rightful place in our life. He’s the Alpha and Omega. My dad taught me, as a young girl, that God should always sit on the throne of my life, and the way he illustrated it to me, sticks with me today. When I put God first things always seem to flow, and the enemy is never allowed to get to close to me. In the adult life of a believer, the hierarchy is always God, husband (or wife), children, ministry (or discipleship), and then family and friends. When these things are in order, everything else flows. You have no reason to fear man, poverty, evil, or even death, because God has you covered. The best is yet to come!

Jesus is the glue that holds all of this together. Remember, He’s the vine, and we’re the branches; without Him we cannot produce fruit. Better still, without Him we can’t truly seek God, because “no man comes to the Father, but through the Son”. If you’re lost, or feel like something just isn’t right, you must pray and ask Jesus to come into your life. Take a few moments to take the God Quiz, and it’ll give you some much needed clarity. My favorite verses today are: The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4 23-24)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455502&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment