Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about the participation of Holy Spirit. Where would we be without the Holy Spirit? I can honestly say that I have no clue, and I’m not trying to find out. The Holy Spirit is such a vital part of our life, because we can’t do anything righteously without Him. He’s the Holy Spirit of God, which is given to us when we are “born again”. The book of Acts explains when the Disciples were first baptized with the Holy Spirit. Peter explained it to the people of Jerusalem, he said: Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?” (Acts 11: 16-17) The Holy Spirit lives in every believer, but unfortunately, we don’t use Him to our advantage, and often ignore His small still voice.

I cannot express how important the Holy Spirit is. We wouldn’t make a portion of the mistakes we make, if we listened to the warnings of the Holy Spirit. We could accomplish much more if we follow His instructions. We could be ten times stronger, if we seek His strength. We could be wiser, if we ask Him to show us the ways of God, and actually listen. I can vouch for this, as I’m sure allot of you can. I couldn’t tell you have many times I’ve known the right way to go, and clearly heard the Holy Spirit’s warnings, but chose my flesh over the Spirit. I also recall the times where I’ve been in the dark, and attempted to figure things out on my own. I thought deeply for days, or maybe even months, thinking I can overcome it alone, but all I had to do was ask Him for help. The answers were right in front of me the entire time. God gave us His Holy Spirit, which is a part of Him, so that life could be much more peaceful for the believer.

The Holy Spirit has so many different functions in our life, which is wonderful for us, because we truly have God leading us every step of the way. To constantly communicate with the Holy Spirit, is to communicate and fellowship with God; remember that’s a part of why we’re here. We’re lead by the Holy Spirit, filled with the Holy Spirit, taught by the Holy Spirit, and connected to God through the Holy Spirit. We pray by the Spirit, and He even speaks to God, through us, in our own unique language, which is called “speaking in tongues”. There are times when we’re overwhelmed with emotions, and we forget to pray for the things, or people, that need prayer, so we must consult with the Holy Spirit in prayer. This is as important as asking for things in Jesus’ Name, because the Trinity of God works together, to help us live in abundance.

When we’re filled with the Holy Spirit, we’re filled with a spirit of meekness, humility, thanksgiving, and righteousness, because all of these things come from Christ. It’s written: Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. (Romans 5:1-5 NIV) All failures in life occur when we lose hope in the promises of God. This life is a fight to the end, and the minute we stop fighting, we’re defeated and broken. We have the Holy Spirit so that this will never happen, but we must invite Him to be a part of our everyday life.

If you don’t know Jesus as Lord, then you don’t have the Holy Spirit. Life with an active relationship with the Holy Spirit is much more rewarding, because you begin to actively work toward righteous and keeping God’s commandments. I can remember being in a place where my soul hungered to be right, and do right by God, but I just kept making the same wrong mistakes. To be honest with you, I sometimes still find myself in that place, but I understand now that all I need to do is seek God’s face through the Holy Spirit, and He’ll show me the way. Before I learned that, I lived in anguish. If you are at that point in your life, ask your Holy Spirit to show you the way. When you come to a fork in the road, ask Him which way to go. When you’re confused, ask Him for clarity, and when your heart is heavy ask Him to help you lighten the load. The first step is salvation through Christ, and the Holy Spirit will come. Take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth. (John 16:13)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455523&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment