Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone and you're enjoying your day. I'm doing well in mind and body, but my spirits are a bit down. I'm sad to say that my Grandmother, Deloris Ford, passed away early this morning, at 2:42am. My sister picked me up from the airport, upon my return from Puerto Rico, and we went directly to the hospital. I'm so grateful that I got a chance to see her, hold her, and kiss her one last time, before she left this earth. As most of you know, she's been ill for awhileshe had been diagnosed with Emphysema years ago, and she finally succumbed to this horrible disease, after months of suffering. I know for a fact, that she's at home with the Lord, and she's doing much better than she's done in a few years, but that doesn't stop the pain I'm feeling right now. It eases the pain, but I don't know where to go, how to cope, or what to say. Writing allows me let some of it out. My grandmother and I were extremely close as I grew up, so this lost is very hard for me. She dedicated her life to making sure that the entire family stuck together, so everyone is experiencing much grief. I wasn't going to write a devotional today, but I wanted to keep you updated. I won't be writing again for a few more days, while I find a way to cope. I've been praying, but I think I need to spend some quiet time with the Lord, and just reflect by myself. I thank each of you in advance for your well wishes and prayers, and know that they're much needed, and much appreciated.

God is so good, because I truly was at peace over my holiday weekend. This was the best vacation I've ever taken, and everything was laid out for me, as if I was Royalty. I'm so grateful that God allowed me to have that, which helped me tremendously, because I was at peace when I returned to the city. Being that close to the ocean soothed me, it allowed me to re-center, and just be grateful for all of my many blessings. Everything that has happened in my life thus far has been a gift from God, and so I know Grandma is in good hands right now. She's moved on to start eternity with peace and tranquility, which is all I could ever want for her. If I could say one thing to her right now, all I could say is thank you, and I love you. She's been an inspiration to me, and taught me how to be a proud, strong, black woman. She always embraced me, flaws and allshe always pointed out when I was wrong, as well as encouraged and praised me when I did well, which is so very important the life of a young woman trying to find her way. Oh how I wish I had more time with her to tell her these things, or to tell her how I regret taking the time that she was here for granted. I'm grateful for who she was, and who I am because of her.

Grandma,

You will never be forgotten, and just know that I'll be okayone day the pain will lessen, and the tears will dry, and I'll bask in the sunshine again. So relax, enjoy being free, and I'll see you again soon.

~Love you're Granddaughter and friend,

Saundra

If I can give you one piece of advice, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, it is to cherish your loved ones. Never take one minute for granted, and know that people are who they are. Appreciate the love that comes from each angle, and be sure to tell the people closest to you that you love them. Never hold grudges, be quick to forgive, and love carelessly, just so you can experience that wonderful gift from God. Please don't spend another minute of your life with regret, because God gives and He takes, that's a part of life. Be thankful for it all; take the bitter with the sweet, because they're all blessings. None of us are promised tomorrow, so enjoy today, and never, for one second, live in unhappiness. I'm sure most of you have gone through the loss of a loved one, and some of you are going through it right now, but keep your head up. There are going to be times where you’re just silent, and can't speak, to God or anyone else. Right now I feel like I can't breathe and I have to remember to take a deep breath, and keep moving. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll feel a little better, and a little more after that. I know, for a believer, death is the beginning of a glorious time with the Lord, and Grandma is happier than she's ever been, but the selfish side of me misses her, and wishes I could have one more Christmas, and New Years, and birthday, and Easter with her. I'm not very good at letting go, but I will get the hang of it sooner than later, because God blesses those who mourn. I'd like to thank you for loving me, and continuing to read my daily e-mails, your support and encouragement means the world to me.

Today's scriptures are about peacesee how on time God is! Even through this I find peace in my heart, because I know God is faithful and true. I know the promises He's made to us, so Grandma is moving into her mansion right now. I have peace in knowing that God is Awesome, wonderful, all-powerful, and all-knowing, and nothing He does is an accident. I have peace because I was blessed with one of the best Grandmother's anyone could ever ask for. I have peace because I know my heart will eventually heal, and life will move on, with glorious memories, and she will still have a hand in everything I do, for the remainder of my life. I have peace in the fact that this will bring my entire family closer, and she will be remembered just the way she was. I find peace in this promise: “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” (Rev. 21:2) This is where she is, and I'm grateful that she's found rest for her soul.

If you don't know Jesus as Lord, please take a few moments and take the God Quiz right now. You don't have time to waste, because we're in a race to the finish line of life. When it's your time to go, can you honestly say what Paul said: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (2 Tim 4:7)? If you don't feel like you could, then it's time for some real life evaluation. The great news is God is a forgiving God. All you have to do is repent, and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life, and there will be a mansion waiting for you, when you cross the finish line. All glory and honor be to God! My favorite verse today is: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455531&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

PS

For archived devotionals, visit my blog at: http://dailydevotionalangelicchef.blogspot.com/

Thanks to everyone that signed up for the group so far. If you haven't done so, please take a few minutes to sign up. I've learned that if you don't have a Yahoo e-mail address or sign-in, you're only allowed to subscribe to the e-mail part of it, unless, you sign up for a yahoo id. If you already have a yahoo ID or e-mail address, you can join the group and see the full group page. I have some links, documents and recipes on the database link. You can also share your contact information, or recipes, on the database link, and choose to share them with the entire group, or just have them on the group page.

To subscribe (don't have a yahoo ID) click on this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/AngelicOne?user=enter+email+address&Click+here+to+join+AngelicOne.x=59&Click+here+to+join+AngelicOne.y=29

To Join (do have a yahoo ID) click on this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AngelicOne/join

To share with the group, send your e-mails to: AngelicOne@yahoogroups.com

No comments:

Post a Comment