Monday, November 8, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about being prepared to meet Jesus. We’ll all face death, it doesn’t matter your celebrity status, wealth, race, or creed. Are you prepared for it? There’s only one way to get prepared, and that’s by seeking salvation through Jesus Christ. Salvation is given by the grace of Godall you have to do is ask for it, in Jesus’ Name, with a pure heart, and it’s yours. Because of His awesome act of love, we no longer have to fear death, because we’re covered by His blood. Jesus said: “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” (John 14:1-4)

When we enter into this covenant with Jesus Christ, all He asks of us is to follow Him. When He returns to receive us, He wants us to be ready. What does it mean to “be ready”? It means that you’ve taken on the heart and mind of Christ. You’ve done your best to grow mentally and spiritually. You’ve given up trying to please the flesh, and have spent your life focused on pleasing Him. When we become believers, we become a part of the “Body of Christ”. We’ll face all types of trials but He expects us to wait and have patience in suffering, it’s written: Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! (James 5:7-9)

The Apostle Paul said, life is like a race and we must run it with endurance and patience. We’re not racing against each other, but we’re racing against time. In all actuality, each day that passes we get closer to meeting with the Lord. To some, this may seem like an ominous outlook to have; however meeting the Lord will be the best day of our life! The only reason it may not be for you, is because you aren’t prepared. You’re one of those people who are waiting to completely surrender to God, because you’re not ready yet. You still haven’t gotten the party out of your system, or you like to “live life to the fullest”, and think that there’s plenty of time to settle down. That’s one of the most dangerous games to play with your life.

Jesus said: “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming”. (Matt 25:13) This relates to a recent devotional I wrote about looking for the Lord each day. If there was a report that a meteor was headed toward earth and will wipe out the entire human race, what would be the first thing you’d do? I estimate about 80-95% of the people on this earth will seek out some type of religion; because we all know deep down inside that there is a God. Unfortunately, these types of scenes only play out in fictional movies, and so we won’t be warned when Jesus is on His way to receive us. Just as you contribute money in your 401K plan to prepare for your retirement, invest in your eternal retirementspend each day getting close to God, through Jesus Christ.

When recording my radio show I was very nervous. The enemy had me convinced that I wasn’t qualified to share [or teach] the Word of God. I felt like I wasn’t ready to read my devotionals on airafter all, I don’t have any formal training, or a degree in theology. While going back and forth with this in my mind, my spirit said to me, “why are you doing this?”, and I had to seriously stop and think about it. I started to rationalize within myselfthe truth is I’m just a woman after God’s own heart. He has showered me with so much love and wisdom, that I can’t help but share it with any and everyone, whether it’s in writing, or on the radio. As I’m thinking of all of the reason I followed God’s calling into ministry, and at the same time trying to come up with an intro to the radio show, I was lead to this verse: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. (Matt. 5:6) At this very moment the Angelic Chef was officially born! God created me to be a nurturer, and I believe that’s why I love to cook for people; that same nurturing spirit leads me to want teach, and instill knowledge into the children of God.

I’m not a theological genius; I’m lead by the Spirit. I’m not perfect, I still fall short, and most of you who know me personally understand that. God knows the same about you! You can achieve greatness for the Kingdom of God, just the way you are, all you have to do is try, and He’ll do the rest. Seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance, and you can’t lose. When you open up this e-mail to read it, turn on a gospel song, go to church on Sunday morning, pray (big or small), you “hunger and thirst for the Lord”. If you do these things more often, you’ll notice a growth in your spiritual life. You may occasionally stumble, but Jesus will say to you, “well done, good and faithful servant”, because you followed the ultimate commandment to love the Lord with all of your heart. If you don’t know Jesus as Savior then that’s the first place to start, because without Him you will be cut off, and thrown into the fire. Thank God, Salvation is within your reach, and He’s a simple prayer away; take the God Quiz today. My favorite verse today is: Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:13)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455509&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment