Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about our friendship with God. God is so awesome, that He calls us son and daughters, brothers and sisters, but most importantly, He calls us friends. He’s given us wisdom from above, to help us have a life full of peace, happiness, and joy. Those of us, who believe in Christ, are blessed to be friends of God. It’s said that the best relationships, are even better friendships. Marriages that last are marriages between best friends. It’s also beneficial for a parent to be their child’s best friend. The child should always know who the authority figure is in this relationship, but they should also trust their parents enough to call them friends. If a child has a friendship with a parent, then they’re more likely to share anything with them. Children go through so much growing up, that it’s good to know that the person they rely on to care for them loves them enough to listen whenever they call. Parents will accept their children for who they are, correct them when they do something wrong, praise them when they do something right, and comfort them in times of trouble. This to me is the definition of a great friendship, and you and I have that with God.

I for one am learning that I am a friend of God. One of my favorite gospel songs is by Israel and the New Breed, Friend of God. This song doesn’t have many lyrics, but it’s such a powerful song! The main verse is: Who am I that You are mindful of me
That You hear me when I call, Is it true that You are thinking of me, How You love me, it's amazing
. The blood of Jesus has mended that separation between man and God, and it is truly amazing. It’s amazing that God is always thinking of us, and He wants nothing but the best for us. When we fall short of His glory, we grieve His Holy Spirit. However, He’s always waiting for us to repent, and come back into His presences. He even convicts us, to get our attention. He gives us everything that we ask Him for, when we believe Him for it. He comforts us whenever we come to Him. He heals our pain, and puts joy in or heart. There’s nothing too big for God. He’s already given up His life for us; do you think there is anything else He wouldn’t give?

Guilt and fear of rejection are the two main reasons why majority of believers don’t have a close relationship with God. The enemy will have us believe that we’re too broken and shattered to be friends with God. As well as, that we have nothing to offer Him, and that He wants nothing to do with us, because of our lifestyle, or the mistakes we’ve made in life, however we are friends of God. As I grow in my faith walk, when I pray, I find myself talking to God as if He’s my best friend. Sometimes we have conversations, and He’ll answer my questions as we go along, or He’ll correct me simply by saying “Saundra you know better”. He can relate to me on every level, because He created me. He knows me better than I know myself, and if I can’t be honest and open with Him, about everything, then who can I share my innermost self with? After all, He knows my thoughts before I think them. He knows my heart, and the things that make me happy, as well as the things that trouble me. He alone is Lord, and the creator of ALL things, and He calls me, a once broken person, friendHe makes me whole, through Jesus Christ.

It’s written: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jer. 29:11-13) God is love, and you are His creation, made from His love, so never hesitate to trust and love Him with all of your heart. He wants us to reach out to in times of joy, sorrow, peace and strife. He wants to share in our life, which is the reason we were created. His love knows no bounds, and is full of grace and mercy, and that’s what you want in a true friend. Unlike any friend we’ll have on earth, He’ll never let us down, never turn His back on us, and will always help us when we ask. All He asks is that we love Him in return. It’s written: “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15). He shares the secrets of His Kingdom, and gives us wisdom freely, to be able to live according to His will. He’ll make known things that were previously hidden, through His Holy Spirit, freely.

A friendship with God starts with a relationship with Jesus Christ. His blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness. When renewed by the blood, we’re made righteous, and that righteousness allows us to be friends of God. This privilege is offered anyone who hears this message, by His grace. If you want to become friends with God, then confess your sins to Him, and ask Jesus to come into your life as Lord. Repent, and be open to receive. It’s just as simple as that. If you do believe Jesus is the Christ, and is saved, you are already a friend of God. He’s waiting to be gracious to you, each day of your life, talk to Him, and repent. If you’re not quite sure of your relationship with God, take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends. (John 15:15)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455601&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment