Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about the enormity of our faith. I know what you might be thinking, “why does Saundra use words like enormity”. I honestly couldn’t think of any other worth that best describe the importance of our Faith. God loves us so much, and He loves us even more, when we love Him in return. Have you ever wondered why that’s all that He asks of us? Loving Him, and loving each other, supersedes the Laws of Moses. We all know that God is the great “I AM” and we were commanded to fear Him in the Old Testament, but Jesus taught us about another side of Him. Jesus actually showed us His “softer side”. He died so that we could have a relationship with Him, and it means a lot to Him to know that we love and trust Him, despite having never really seen Him.

Do you know how easy it is to not believe in God? There are so many different cults and religions, whose sole purpose is to try to discredit Jesus Christ. There are many who say that He never lived, or that He did live, but He was only a prophet like Isaiah or Samuel. Then there are the people who say that there isn’t a God at all. They believe every word the scientist says about things like evolution, and the “Big Bang Theory”. If you sit and listen to these groups argue their point, they all have very valid and logical arguments, which can honestly make you scratch your head, and go into deep thought. The enemy is working overtime to tempt us, and draw us away from God, so we’re constantly under His attack, and most of the time we don’t even know it.

A few years ago, right after I completely surrendered my life to God, I was on fire for the Lord. Everyone that I came in contact with knew that I was a child of God. I had a conversation with a friend, who had openly said that he didn’t believe in “God” per say. He said that maybe there’s some higher power out there, but He didn’t believe that it was my “God”. He had had a very bad experience with his religion growing up, which lead him to believe that a loving God wouldn’t have allowed this to happen to him (in so many words). So me embracing my renewed “Christian’ life, I was determined to win this guy to Christ, so I shared my testimonies. I shared how God brought me out of alcoholism and a not so great childhood, and how He showed me the light. My friend wasn’t convinced. He said, “see this is what I don’t understand, you take all of these steps to make life better for yourself, and yet you give all of the credit to this God”. Then he started firing questions at me, most of which I didn’t quite have the answer to, but what I did know, deep down in my Soul, is that Jesus is real, and so is God.

That day, I decided to go back to the drawing board, because I didn’t win that soul to Christ. I needed to speak to God, and see what it was that He wanted to say to this young man. I wasn’t thinking about what Jesus said here: “…do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” (Luke 12:11-12) In that moment my Spirit said to me, “Show him”. From that day forward, I’ve been attempting to show Jesus through me, so that the lost can see Him, and meet Him face to face. Sometimes there just aren’t enough words to express how good God is, or that can explain how you know that you know that there is only One True God, and One Savior, Who is Jesus Christ!

We should always live our lives as true vessels for Christ, because the truth is, we see Christ every day. God once said: if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. (2 Chr. 1:14-15) Honestly, why would God ask us to seek His face, knowing that we would never see Him, while we’re in the flesh? He is in everything, and that’s exactly where we’ll find Him. If we choose to see the beauty in all of His creations, and love without fault, and quickly forgive, our hearts will stay full of His love. Once that spirit grows on the inside of us, we’ll be able to see God in everything and everyone, and even the lost man will be able to see Him in us.

God loves you, and all that He asks is that you believe that He gave His Son, so that you could have the greatest life imaginable, by Faith. It’s an enormous deal to believe in Him despite what a big part of the world says. We’ve been given a place in His Kingdom, just because we believe. He’s willing to forgive us of every sin, and love us despite our flaws, all because of our faith, so don’t allow the enemy to lie to you any longer. If you feel in your heart of hearts that Jesus is real, then confess that to God. Confess that you’re a sinner, and that you need Him to survive. Ask Him to come into your heart as Lord and Savior, and just because you believed in Him, you are delivered. I’m not making this up, it’s His promise. If you want more information, take a few minutes to take the God Quiz today! My favorite verse today is: In whom ye trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise. (Ephesians 1:13)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455594&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment