Monday, February 21, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about being sanctified through Christ. I remember hearing the “Elders” at church say that they were “saved, holy, and sanctified through Christ”, and I always wondered what sanctified meant. I thought maybe they were special because of the role they played at the church, or because of the many years that they’ve been saved, but I knew for sure that I wasn’t sanctified. I honestly thought that I somehow wasn’t at a point in my walk with Christ, to be at the sanctified level—almost like being sanctified meant that you graduated to higher level of Christianity. However the word “sanctify” is defined: to make holy; set apart as sacred; consecrate. So you see anyone who’s accepted Jesus as Lord and savior is sanctified by His blood. We’re separated from darkness, and placed on high—righteous through Christ Jesus. If you’re anything like I was, in thinking that I wasn’t worthy or “good” enough to be sanctified, then you can rest assured in knowing that you are. You are just as righteous as the next Christian; there is nothing that’s separating us from each other, only us from the world.

I love the Gospel according to John; in chapter 16 Jesus warned His disciples that He would be leaving them. He explained how sad they would be, but eventually, their sadness would turn into joy, when finally realized what He’s done for them. He explained how His leaving would make way for the “Helper” (or Advocate in NIV), who will come to convict the world of sin (16:8-9). That’s not all He came to do, but it’s just as important, because how can truly be righteous with sin? More often than not, we sin and don’t know we’re sinning, so we need the Holy Spirit to help us make the right decisions, and lead us to repentance for our wrong decisions, through conviction. Jesus sanctifies us, but we’re still in the flesh, and are still tempted by the enemy daily. Some people mistake conviction for condemnation, and there’s a big difference between the two. It’s written: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. (Rom. 8:1-2 NIV) Through our sanctification, we will never be utterly cast down, but we will however be convicted, to be brought back into obedience by the confession and repentance of our sins.

Jesus went on to say: “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. (John 16:12-15) Aren’t you glad that you’re saved, sanctified, and holy? Hallelujah! Jesus came into this world, and turned everything upside down. Now the lost can be found, captives set free, and the sinners are sanctified, by His blood. There’s no one too high or low for Jesus Christ. There’s nothing too bad, evil, or despicable, that we could’ve done in the past that Jesus won’t fix. On our own we are nothing, but with Him we are everything, and being righteous children of God is more valuable than any amount or money or prestige in the world. Through Christ you were free, as soon as you accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. It was then that He gave you the Holy Spirit, Who is responsible for giving you the wisdom, knowledge, and strength to overcome and endure the world.

We each are exactly where God needs us to be, there are no mistakes in life—all things happen for a reason. Don’t get so caught up in the world’s idea of success, but rather seek God’s definition of success for you. A lot of us can’t go any further in life because, 1) we haven’t taken the time to be grateful for where we are now, and 2) we aren’t obedient to the Word of God. There are times when I feel like God has given me all of the tools I need to build a solid foundation and an indestructible structure for my life, but I haven’t pulled them out of my toolbox. The toolbox is definitely open, and I even have instructions and a Helper, but I sometimes get confused as to where to start. When I start feeling that way, I go back to “square one” or some may call it “the drawing board”, and start with the Gospels of Christ. I follow His life from the beginning to the end, to get a perfect example of sanctity. There’s nobody greater than Jesus.

When I read His prayers for us in John 17, I can’t help but fall in love with Him all over again, because He asked God to make me perfect just like Him. How awesome is that?! Jesus only prayed this prayer for all believers, and I hope that’s all of you. However, if you don’t believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior, what are you waiting on? He’s called you to be a part of His body; one with God through Him. All you have to do is ask, and He’ll do the rest. He has your toolbox waiting for you, and after you confess Him as Lord, He’ll also give you a Helper, Who will stay with you every step of the way. Sanctification is a choice, to find out more take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: The very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455614&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment