Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night Post Number 100!

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying your day. I'm doing well, just feeling a little bit under the weather. I decided to take the day to rest up, to ensure that I stay healthy. School has already started for my brother, and along with that comes football season. I was watching a movie the other night called The Express, and it was really good. It's the story of the first black man to win the Heisman Trophy, among other things, Mr. Ernie Davis. That movie was a inspiration to me because it helped me greater understand the value of life, and how we could each make a lasting impression on the world, just by being the best at what we do. It also taught me to cherish each day as if it's my last. Check out the movie, I think it'll be a wonderful inspiration to you as well. Be blessed family, and have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about salvation. The overall reason for the crucifixion of Jesus was to offer Salvation to all who are lost. The main question about Salvation is what are we being saved from? The number one answer to that question is that we're being saved from the penalties of sin. As we know, we’re not delivered from the act of sin, but the penalties of those actions, which is death. Sin however, can be detrimental to the quality of our lives, hence one of the main reasons why we still experience heartache, pain, and sorrow. We needed to be saved from the evil which accompanies sin as well. We come from the dust (Gen. 2:7), and were made in the likeness of God, but yet and still we've fallen short of His glory, because of the act of sin. We're mere mortals, who make constant mistakes, and because of God's grace and mercy, we've been given a chance to be redeemed through the blood of Jesus. We were born in sin, and continue to sin every day of our lives, but Jesus allows us to overcome it, and transforms us into righteousness again and again. We should die to ourselves daily, as we learned from Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:31: I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. Personally, I die daily because I know my flesh is weak. When we're slaves to our flesh, we make costly mistakes, and we often lose our way. However, because of Salvation through Christ we not only gain Eternal life, but we gain resuscitation from those mistakes. We're renewed daily, when we have Christ in or hearts. We're saved from the fire, as well as from ourselves. We're given a new chance to become the righteous Saints we were created to be. When God blew breath into Adam's nostrils, He gave us awesome strength and life through His love. When we're going through sorrow and pain, we can and will be delivered from it, by the blood of Jesus. When we’re in times of despair and hopelessness, all we need to do is call His Name, and He will bring us through them. There will be days when we feel like the world is coming to an end, nevertheless God promised to let us out of those times of misery, and place us on higher Ground. King David often felt like things were crashing down around him, but God delivered him, because of the promises He had made to him. David wrote several songs of praise (Psalms) to God, and we should take David’s lead, and always offer our thanks and praise, because He’s always there right on time. David wrote in 2 Samuel 22:2-3: “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence.” God made a covenant with David personally, but through Jesus we're saved from All things evil, all we have to do is ask to be delivered. We're heirs to the throne of Christ, and because God promised to make His enemies His footstool, that’s also true for us. Hard times will come and go, but we have someone that lives inside of us, that is much greater than anything we could face on this earth. He offers us salvation, from all things, and most importantly, we're saved from Eternal death. But, until we enter our final resting place, we'll need help on our everyday journey, so the blood of Jesus will wash us new. Yes we'll fall into pits in our lifetime, but God will always lift us out of them, stronger than when we went in. If you don't know Jesus as your Savior, then you have a permanent pit that awaits you. Salvation is free to all, so take a moment to pray and ask God to save you, through Jesus Christ, and watch and learn as all types of doors are opened to you. The choice is yours. My favorite verses today are: He brought me up ... out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God. (Psalms 40:2-3)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455069&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5336537&ct=7301679

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment