Thursday, August 27, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another beautiful Friday-eve. I'm doing well, looking forward to another weekend. This week flew by, and we're still working the kinks out for my brother's school schedule. It's hard for him to break out of the lax of the summer months, but he’ll get used to it. When I was in school, we almost always resumed the day after Labor Day, so this is an early start for school. At the same time, he was out of school the second or third week of May, a month before the other kids did in June, so it balances out. This new routine also causes a shift in my schedule, so we both have little adjustments to make. It's all worth it, and we get a three-day weekend next week. Please pray that he gets off on a good start. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about the light that leads us on the right paths. When God was creating the earth, He already knew you and I, and what He had planned for us to do. It's written in Romans 8:28-30: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. Because we’re Children of God, we're given a certain path to follow, in order to complete our predestined will. If He has a job for us He'll make sure we’re able to do it, by providing everything we need. We live in a world ruled by darkness, so God's light is the only way we can get through our earthly life on the right path. We will hear clear instructions from Him, through the Holy Spirit, with all the details. How many times have you had impure thoughts and that voice in the back of your mind (the Holy Spirit) said, "Don't do it"? I can't tell you how many times I've avoided accidents, or received blessings, because I was at the right place at the right time. I used to always say, "something told me to come this way today". The something, or rather someone, was God guiding me all along. We live in such a fast world, where we could be juggling ten different things at one time, and it gets hard to slow down and focus on God. When I tell people my daily itinerary they're usually in awe, because I'm always busy, as are most of you. At the same time, I always find away to give God His time, some days more than others. Sometimes, if we don't stay focused on God, and give ourselves time to escape the darkness, we start to lose our way. Daily bible study, prayer and meditation time is the only way to keep God’s light shinning bright in our life. Jesus said in Matthew 6:22-23: “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" He warns us to be careful of the worldly things we're focusing on, because the darkness can swallow us up, and we lose our way. When we lose our way, we stumble and fall. This is when we start to experience the most heartache and pain, so it's imperative to stay focused on God's light. He's instilled it inside of us, and gave us a handbook with full instructions, and examples of how we should live, as well as examples of how we shouldn't live. He's given us Salvation through Jesus Christ, all we have to do is slow down, accept His wonderful love, grace, and mercy, and use His light for guidance. I can promise you that if you follow the Will of God, everything else is will fall right into place. He's using you to be a blessing to others as well, so allow His light to shine through. If you don't know Christ as your Savior, then you're stuck in the darkness. Jesus said in John 8:23-24: “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.” All you need to do to receive the light is to believe in Him. Pray to God, asking Jesus to come into your heart as your Savior, and confess that you're a sinner, and watch the light shine as bright as the sunshine, to keep you on the path to complete God's will for your life. My favorite verse today is: I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John 8:12)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455071&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5336537&ct=7301713

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment