Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another hot and humid day. I pray I don't get sick, because the weather inside our office building is so cold, you can almost see your breath. Then I go outside to warm up a little bit, and you can almost see the heat in the air. You know how you have that clear haze coming off of fire? That's how the air looks here in the DC area; it's scorching hot. I've been working on getting my birthday trip planned for next month, and I have a decision to make. I was supposed to leave on the 17th, but my dad's hearing has been moved to the 16th. Being as though he'll be released that day (claiming it in the Name of Jesus), I don't want to get on a plane and leave the very next day. Although, I'll only be gone for 5 days, I don't know if I'd want to do that. Now had he been released on the 10th as originally planned, it would’ve given us an entire week to get him settled in. I know God has a reason for everything, and I know He'll give me the answer I'm looking for soon. Please keep us in your prayers, and look forward to sending the evite to the welcome home party the following week. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about comparing God. It's written that we were created in God's image, but that's where are similarities stop. God is the creator of all things, and He has more power than our minds are equipped to understand. It’s written in Exodus 3:13-15 that when God sent Moses to free the slaves, Moses asked Him, “when they ask who sent me what should I say?” Verse 14 goes on to say: And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” God is so powerful, that giving just one name isn't going to help describe Him. He's the Alpha and the Omega, and He's described using words that have the prefix Omni, which means ALL. He's Omnipresent, Omniscient, and Omnipotent, and this is the God we serve. This is the God that offers to give us everything we need, and all we have to do is ask. He has all power, knows all things, and is everywhere at once. Can you imagine ever having that type of power? Well don't beat yourself up about it, because you never will. God created the earth in six days, and then created us to be His companions and to rule over it, so we’re not as important as we think we are. God loves each of us unconditionally, because He created us just for that purpose. The most important thing we have to remember is that God is in control. Some of us take on the "god" complex, and think we're in control, and we can do and say whatever we want, and continue to live normal lives. Paul warns us in Romans 12:3: For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. When we start stepping ahead of what He has planned out for us, we tend to overstep our boundaries, because we're then comparing ourselves to God. Especially when we get a little bit of money and earthly power, we tend to think that we don't need God anymore. Hence the reason it's written that the love of money is the root of all evil. Our stay here on earth is very temporary, so the money and prestige will only last but so long. God has ways of proving Himself to us, and bringing us right back down to where we're supposed to be, because He's God of ALL things. There's not one in Heaven or on earth who could ever be compared to God, not even Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Although Jesus was God in the flesh, He's still a different entity. In the flesh, Jesus prayed to God for guidance and strength, just as He taught us to do. Who do you know that could split themselves up into three powerful units, which work together at totally different things? Although the Holy Spirit is God in the Spirit, He’s still a different part of Him, and is designed to do a different job. Although He gives us a lot of power from God, He still can't be compared to God. Then we have different religions, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, Daoism, etc. They all worship different forms of gods, but none of their gods can be compared to the one true God. I can't speak too much on these different religions because I've never studied them, but I do know in my heart that there is one true God. My brother went to a Jesuit middle school, and is now in a Jesuit high school, and each year they take religion class. While these schools promote the love of one true God, they still teach these young men about every other religion, so they won't get tripped up when faced with them outside of school. I believe the best way to defeat your opponent is by studying their moves, so you'll better know how to defend yourself against their offense, and vice versa. I asked my brother how he felt about learning these different religions, and if he has ever considered changing what He believes in? He said that none of these religions could compare to the history of Christianity, and the creation of the earth. Although they're interesting, the one true God always stood out higher than any other. When you get to the point of your Faith walk when you get curious about what you believe, God encourages us to make ourselves more wise individuals, so all we have to do is to seek the right knowledge and understanding. He wants us to love Him with all of our hearts, and it's hard to do that if we doubt who He is, but it's a natural process. This is why our Faith gives us so much power, because God knows the evils we face on earth. It means a lot to Him, that we trust and believe in Him, although we've never seen Him. He's given us all of the tools we'll need to learn more about Him, and fill our hearts with His great love and understanding. Although God is the most powerful being in all of earth and heaven, He still gives us the freedom to choose, and He still wants our love. That's the type of Father He is. He has the power to destroy earth in the blink of an eye, but instead He chose to give us a chance to make it right. He's taken care of Sin through His son Jesus Christ, so we would no longer have to be apart from Him. He's created a life for us after we die, so that we could live on forever with Him. There is no one or nothing that can compare, and if you don't believe me, try Him out. Ask Jesus to come into your heart as Lord and Savior, and He'll slowly start to reveal Himself to you. My favorite verses today are: Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit. (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455062&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5336537&ct=7241235

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment