Monday, August 10, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the beginning of another workweek (for most). The weekend goes way too fast, but I enjoyed every minute of it. However, last night was a little rough. I got a ticket for one of my headlights going out, and I had just got the headlight fixed, I showed the officer the receipt and told him I'd get it corrected and he still gave me a ticket. So now I have to take time off from work to go to court, and show the receipt to the Judge. He told me the ticket would most likely be dropped, and I'm thinking, if this case will most likely be dismissed, what's the point of wasting Tax Payers dollars on this? But hey, he was just doing his job I guess. He could've let me go with just a warning after I showed him the receipt, but I'll see him in court. On top of this, the power went out in my entire neighborhood, on one of the hottest nights of the year, it wasn’t so bad, and I had cold hotdogs for dinner and went to bed. On a lighter note, the Concert and Cabaret was really nice on Saturday. I had an awesome time. I'm looking forward to this long week, I have a good feeling about it, and something good is going to happen. It's been a very slow summer for catering jobs; so if you know anyone that may need a caterer, that's in the area, please forward my info www.divinecuisineepc.com. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about how God separates us from evil. As children of God, we're referred to as the salt of the earth. I vaguely remember hearing a Sermon that Dr. Stanley preached on this subject, and it struck a cord in me because of my culinary background. I thought the way he explained it was very good, because it's interesting that God choose to use something as important, and potentially hazardous, as salt to describe us. Salt is used to enhance the flavor of our food. The right amount could perfectly enhance the flavor of food, but too little won't make any impact, and too much will destroy the taste, and could potentially get us sick. We were put here to enhance the quality of life of the earth. God's Spirit lives inside of us, which makes us shine brightly, so that people can see Him in us. We're to enhance everywhere we go, and make things better. God shapes and molds us into the people fitting to be called His children, so He slowly prunes the evil from our lives. I've been saved ever since I was a little girl, and I've always had that little voice in the back of my head telling me "No don't do it", and a lot of times I choose to ignore it, and do my own things, but I always suffered the consequences of my actions, and felt a lot of remorse for the things I done. However, I was never all "bad", I always had a good heart and conscience, and now that I look back on life, I know it was God's guidance that got me through it. Then all of a sudden, about 5 years ago, God started this awesome transformation in my life; I got tired of trying to live on my own, so I surrendered to His calling, and allowed Him to work. All of sudden my attitude towards life changed, and He did this complete transformation, that brightened up my life. People noticed the internal glow about me. I noticed that people stopped using bad language when I was in their presence, or if I walked up on someone telling a dirty joke, they would immediately stop, and change the subject. People comment on my Faith, and I often wonder how they even know I’m a Christian. I surrender to being the salt and a light, which God needed to use, to shine brightly in the presences of others. Because of that transformation, I inadvertently praise God, and people notice it. I use personal accounts of my life in the devotionals because I don't have anything other than my life, and story's from the Bible to write about, and our trials and victories are meant to salt the earth. It's meant to share with others, to enhance their lives, you never know who can relate to your story, because as it's written in Ecclesiastes 1:9: That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun. "Everything is the same under the sun". We're all Disciples because of Jesus Christ, and God uses us to do important work for Him. Most of the time He's using us, and we don't even know. That's why it's important for us to be aware of our surroundings, because we never know who's watching, and how our behavior can effect the kingdom of God. We all have our bad days, especially me, so God is working on that. I try to listen to my Holy Spirit, because we have a tight relationship, and He's quick to tell me when I'm doing something stupid. Especially when I get angry with someone for making a mistake, He immediately asks me, "Saundra are you perfect?” and that conviction sets in. I always feel bad when I talk about people, or think impure thoughts, because I'm more sensitive to the changes God is trying to make in my life. Does that mean I don't do those things? No, it means that I'm aware, and I make a conscious effort not to. I acknowledge the work God is doing in my life, but we know He doesn't force us to choose Him. Nonetheless, in the end, He's in control, and He still loves us enough to continually guide us through life. If you've accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, then that light is in you. It may dim a little because of sin, but it's still there. I urge you to take some time and get to know God for yourself, because He needs you. You were put here to enhance the quality of life for the lost. That's a huge task, and no matter how imperfect we are, He still chose us. All we need to do is surrender every aspect of our lives to Him, and He'll do the rest. It's written in Isaiah 64:8: But now, O LORD, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; and all we are the work of Your hand. We're not expected to do it alone because as Jesus says in Matthew 26:41: "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” He came so that we could have a second chance at a meaningful, peaceful, and abundant life. You've been predestined to be the light of the world, isn't that Awesome? I'm honored and privileged that God loves me so much, that He choose me to be special. If you're reading this right now He chooses you as well. Jesus said in John 6:37: All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. Nothing you have done could separate you from the love of Jesus, so don't spend another day allowing fear, sin, or evil block your blessings, you belong to Jesus and He has you covered. My favorite verse today is: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is heaven. (Matthew 5:16)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455054&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5336537&ct=7241243

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment