Friday, September 11, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the end of another workweek. I'm doing well, TGIF! I'm looking forward to the weekend; I hope the weather gets a little better. It's been raining for the last few days, and it's time for some sunshine. It's technically still summer for the next 10 days. Wow, only 10 days left of summer, and it feels like the time has passed me by. The regular football season will started this week, Redskins vs. Giants this Sunday, can't wait, Let's Go Skins! I have to admit, I've grown to love football season (when the Redskins are playing). Considering that my brother plays now, my weekends will be filled with football for the next couple of months. I'm contemplating giving a dinner party for my birthday next weekend. I want do make something special for a select few special people in my life. I haven't decided, but I'll keep you posted. I'd like to take a moment to recognize the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and my heart and prayers goes out to the families. I could only imagine how this may still affect them 9 years later. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend, whatever you do, do it for the Lord!

Today's scriptures are about removing ourselves from the world, while still in it. How can we be in the world but not of it? The best way to learn how to do this is to follow the life of Jesus Christ. Jesus was God, but also a man who lived in the world but not of the world. He didn't sacrifice His beliefs to save His own life, let alone to please man. We have to live here day-by-day, work to earn a living to take care of family and ourselves. We must adhere to the laws of the earth, and raise our children with respect, love and the knowledge of God. It's written in John 16:33 that Jesus said: "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” Through Jesus we too have overcome the world, hallelujah! Do you know who you are, and the power you hold? We're not subjected to the mediocrity of a person who isn't saved, because the blood of Jesus covers us. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. This is one of the most quoted yet less believed scripture in the bible. Our faith in the God in Heaven is what separates us from the world. No matter what goes on in our life, we must always understand that through Christ we can do all things. There's so much negativity and strife going on in the world, that it's easy to get caught up into its way of thinking. God warns us not to follow the instructions of a worldly man, but seek first the Kingdom. When we get to know God, we should share the wisdom He's granted us with the people around us. 1 Peter 4:10-11 says: As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. Here's our answer, we should take on the mind and heart of Christ, and it's not that hard to do, because once we accept Him as Lord and Savior, He lives inside of us and gives us the Holy Spirit. All He can do is show us the way, but He can’t make us follow. A friend and I were talking yesterday, and he said to me “it's a scientific fact the negative and positive can't mix”. I totally agree, because negative forces run this world, but we’re filled with positive light. We must allow our light to shine without being influenced by the darkness that is here. Jesus constantly said "O ye of little Faith" to His followers, because He couldn’t understand how they could be walking with the Son of God, and see Him perform wonderful miracles, yet still question who He was. We do that to God all the, because we witness His grace in so many ways on a daily basis. People will always test you and question your faith, because we are peculiar people, so stay firm to your beliefs and live for the Lord at all times. Not just when it's convenient for you, but all times. As Pastor Stanley says, "obey God and leave the consequences to Him". Have Faith in God, and pursue all of your dreams and aspirations as if you have superhuman strength, because you do through Christ Jesus. God isn't asking us to be perfect, but He is asking us to try our best to be righteous, and realize that we’re Heirs to His Kingdom. Surround yourself with positive people, participate in positive activities, and find yourself a good Church home. You don't do these things because you have to, but do them because you want to separate yourself from the world. If you don't know Jesus as Lord and Savior then you are of this world, confess and repent of your sins, and ask Jesus to be your Savior right now. Once you do this, you're delivered. My favorite verse today is: Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. (Romans 12:2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455086&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5408289&ct=7318187

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment