Monday, September 21, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the beginning of another workweek (for most). I'm doing well, praising God for another beautiful day! It's been while since I've written, but I've been on vacation, and kept busy over the last few days. I celebrated my 32nd birthday yesterday, and it was the most peaceful birthday I've ever had. I received the best present that I could ever have hoped for; my father will be released this week, Praise God! Thanks for all of your prayers and support, we couldn't have gotten through this without my Prayer Warriors. Last Wednesday was one of the most spectacular, yet surreal days of my life. We had church in the Courtroom, and God set everything up perfectly. We had the perfect Judge, and she was fair, and willing to listen to everything we had to say. Judge Beverly Woodard is one of the most honest and understanding Judges I've ever seen, and she made sure that Justice prevailed. By the end of the hearing there wasn't a dry eye in the courtroom, my father has truly touched a lot of people, right from where he needed to be for the last 23 years. Today's devotional is duly fitting, and it begins with Romans 8:28: We know that all things work together for good to them that love God. I want to give all honor and praise to God, because all of this worked for the good of all of us, and I never expected anything less. I will have a dinner party on Saturday celebrating my birth, and my dad's homecoming. This is just a small gathering, but we'll have a larger affair in the months to come. Also my Grandmother is back in the hospital, and she's been experiencing some anxiety, because of breathing. I need my prayer warriors once again, please continue to pray for her healing. Thank you for being there whenever I need you. Have a blessed day family!

Today's scriptures are about the evolution of God's perfect will for our lives. One of the most defining sermons I heard preached in my lifetime was one preached by Pastor Richard Pabasco, of New Song Community Church in Portland, OR, about life's different seasons. I had heard Romans 8:28 quoted numerous times, and I've also quoted it myself, but it never really hit me until that day. A woman once told me that I wasn't a victim, and I didn't quite understand what she meant by that until year later. In the past, I had been so used to being down and out, that I just expected life to that way at all times, and I had this sort of "why me" mentality, never taking time to realize that everything is working together for my good. Not to mention that I’ve reaped what I sowed, and I was in a deep refinement process. It wasn't until I heard Pastor Richard preach on Ecclesiastes chapter 3, that I understood that everything has its time. Whenever I feel like "why me", I always go back to that chapter of scripture. This also reminds me of my father's situation, because he had to be still for 23 years while waiting for this moment in his life. He usually writes letters to a group of people around the holidays a few times a year, and he's usually raising money for various Cancer research charities, and other worthy causes. About a month ago, he sent out a letter regarding the annual Cancer walk, and in that letter he also wrote about his upcoming hearing, as well as a few other things. He said he felt like all of the other times he went up for parole, or tried to get his sentence overturned, he knew it didn't happen because he wasn't ready. He knew that everything that happened to him in the past happened for a reason, no matter how rough it may have been. He had learned how to accept his circumstances and make the best of it. He was determined that no matter what was going on around him, he had to sit back and allow God to complete a work in him. Now, my dad is ready to move on to a new season, and complete new works for God. We tend to focus on the negative aspects of everything, instead seeing God in it. No matter the situation, if you're a child of God, He's always present, and working in the mist to make it all somehow work for our good. It's written in Isaiah 61:3: "To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.” My dad's situation taught me a lot, because no matter how much he went through, he accepted his punishment for the crime, but he always stayed positive. He never spoke a bad word about anyone, and always accepted his fate, until God told him otherwise. My dad isn't a hero, but he's a living breathing testimony of the forgiveness and saving grace of Jesus Christ. God forgave him by the blood of Jesus, and is moving him on to new season in his life. He does the same for each of us, everyday. This transition isn't going to be easy, but then again, it's all about strengthening the Kingdom of God. If you don't know Jesus as your Savior, then if you're reading this right now you're called, and this e-mail is meant for your good. However, God can't truly work in you like He wants because of sin. Take a few moments and ask Jesus to come into you life as your Lord and Savior, and that He forgive you of your sins. He's waiting to hear from you. Remember, no matter what is going on in your life, "Count it all joy!" My favorite verses today are: My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:2-4)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455096&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5408289&ct=7318177

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment