Monday, September 14, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the beginning of another workweek (for most). I'm doing well, had a wonderful, yet uneventful weekend. I got some much needed work done, but could've always done more. This is going to be a very exciting week for me. I have to go to Court tomorrow to fight a ticket I received for a blown headlight. The officer told me if I can come to court with proof that the light is fixed, then they'll most likely throw out the ticket. Please pray for me, because I need to save all of the money I could. I also spent some time finding transitional programs for my father, because it's very hard to for an ex-offender to get a job, especially in this economy. When the business is up and running fully, we'll be sure to participate in these types of programs, to help those people who's made mistakes in the past, but is rehabilitated and ready to work. I'm getting a little anxious about my Dad's hearing, yet confident in the fact that God answers our prayers, when we have faith, and faith is something I have a lot of. Please keep us in your prayers, and I will do the same, have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about God our Comforter. Being comforted is something that each of us need at one time or another, in our lives. That's why we're a part of the body of Christ. God said when two or more come together, there He is also (Matt. 18:20). Part of the reason He said that is so we can give each other the support we need to get through everyday life. However, God offers us the greatest comfort of all, which can never be received from another human being. We should always take comfort in the fact that He is a Love.. The words Loving and Kindness have been combined and are often used in the New King James Version (NKJV) of the bible to describe God; in fact it could be found about 31 times. Jeremiah wrote in chapter 32:3: The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying:“ Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. God promised thousands of years ago, that He would give us with everlasting love, and not only that, but lovingkindness, Hallelujah! Have you ever experienced lovingkindness from anyone on this earth? Is there anyone in your life who has never hurt or let you down? The fact that God has chosen us as His children should comfort us, because He will never let us down. He has predestined us for greatness, so He will make sure that we have everything we need to survive the wiles of everyday life. He takes time to comfort and reassure us when we doubt, heal us when we're sick, pick us up when we're down, give us strength through weariness, and bless us with anything that we ask that's within His will. He died for our sins to bring us close to Him, so that we can have the comfort in knowing that He will never leave nor forsake us. It's written in John 15:13: Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. God also gives us comfort through the saving Grace of Jesus Christ, and Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30: Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Through Jesus we have everlasting life! He has promised to give us rest, and help us carry our burdens, and to comfort us throughout our hard times. Jesus Lives! There is nothing or anything that believers will every have to worry about, as longs are we look to the Lord for the answers. Jesus said "He will give you rest", and although life isn't easy, He's always there to give us rest. When our lives are in total disarray, all we need to do is turn to the Lord for comfort. That's what He’s here for, and He’s waiting for us to come to Him. As of today, whenever something is heavy on heart, or you just feel like you've lost your peace, God will give you comfort, all you have to do is ask. Whenever you're down, mourning over a lost, or stressed about a big decision, turn to God and He will give you comfort. These are promises made by Him, and you'll find all the comfort you'll need in His word. If you don't know Jesus as Lord, then that comfort isn't offered to you, until you ask Him to come into your life, it's a simple and easy prayer. All you need to do next is go to Him, and ask, seek, and knock, and He will answer. My favorite verse today is: Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. (Psalms 86:15)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455089&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5408289&ct=7318171

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment