Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying your day. I'm doing well, had a good day in court. I had the nicest Judge I've ever seen in my life, he was so laid back and fair to everyone. God is so good, because all I needed to do was show the Judge pictures of my working headlights and he dismissed the charges. In most traffic infractions, that is has to do with something malfunctioning on your vehicle, will be thrown out if you just show up in court and prove that the problem is fixed. Tomorrow's the big day, and I'm so excited! A lot is riding on this, my dad has a strong chance of being released, Praise God! We simply need to come together in prayer, and stand on Faith. There are so many opportunities for my Dad when he's released, and I’m praying that it’s in God’s will for dad to start a new chapter in his life. I believe with all of my heart that Judge Woodard will release him, but I'm still asking for your prayers. This is the end of my workweek; I took some time off to celebrate my birthday on Sunday. Don't forget, you still have time to get that present, and I'll keep you posted on Saturday's dinner party. Have a blessed and wonderful day, God willing, I'll have some good news for you tomorrow. Here's something beautiful that a friend sent me, it's a good meditation tool. http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Colors/index.htm

Today's scriptures are about deliverance from the penalties of sin. It's written in Mark 8:29: He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered and said to Him, “You are the Christ.” How many of us believe in our heart that Jesus is "the Christ"? What does that mean to you? We also know that Jesus is the one and only Son of God, who died on the Cross to save the lost children of God. The question to pose to yourself right now is are you saved? If you're answer is "saved from what?” then we have some work to do. Sin is something that has plagued mankind since Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of knowledge, at the beginning of the creation of the earth. Since then, sin has separated us from God, and just as God promised Eve in the Garden of Eden, sin will cause us to surely die (Gen 3:2). A few of my all time favorite verses are John 10:9-11: I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. The act of Adam and Eve's disobedience brought death, but the act of Jesus obedience brought light to all who believes in Him. Sin is defined: Deliberate disobedience to the known will of God. There is no man that is without sin, and we're all subjected to the penalties of each sin that we commit, whether big or small. A sin is a sin, there aren't any that are larger than the others. As children of God, we have a certain protocol to follow, and we’re not excused form the penalties of the “little white lies”, or of murder. God doesn't think like the world thinks, when we're disobedient towards Him we will pay a penalty, and if we're not covered by the blood of Jesus, that penalty is eternal death. Being under the burden of sin is a great hindrance to our Spiritual growth, and our ability to help strengthen the Kingdom of God. God has given us this awesome gift of deliverance, so that we can be free to follow His will. The only way we can be delivered from the penalties of sin is by accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior. It starts by saying a prayer asking Jesus to come into your heart. In this process, you have to humble yourself, confess that you're a sinner, and repent. Repentance is just making a solid effort to avoid sin. Once you make this vital step in your life, you're free from the permanent penalty sin. The pure blood of the Lamb of God was shed to cover sin, and to bring our souls back to a state of Righteousness. From this point on, when we sin, all we need to do is go to God in prayer, confess that sin, ask for forgiveness, and repent. It’s so very important to receive that forgiveness, because a lot of times we punish ourselves far more severely than God punishes us, because of the false guilt the enemy often laid on us. We must take the time to get to know the God we serve, and become one with the Spirit of Christ that dwells inside of us. Deliverance from sin is free to all who ask in the Name of Jesus Christ, so what are you waiting for? Strife, heartache, pain, and restlessness, all come from unresolved sin on our souls. Take some time today and ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart for any sin, repent and be delivered. If you don't know Jesus as Lord, then say that prayer, and receive this free and wonderful privilege, by the Grace of God. My favorite verse today is: My brethren, ye ... are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. (Romans 7:4)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455090&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5408289&ct=7318183

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment