Friday, November 6, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the end of another workweek (for most). I'm doing great, TGIF!! Celebrating the beginning of the weekend, and the beginning of a new era. I've been wanted to go Roller Skating, when was the last time you did that? My Aunt is having her daughter’s birthday party at the skating rink, I think I'm more excited then the kids. I went two years ago for my niece's birthday and had a good time, once I was able to keep my balance. It's fun, and a very good source of exercise. It's funny how when we were children things seemed so easy, but as we get older (and out of shape), we go into these things thinking they're going to be the same, but the next morning we realize we were wrong. I had that experience with bike riding, and skating, it's not as easy as it was when I was a younger. Have a wonderful weekend, the weather is supposed to be nice with plenty of sunshine, go out and enjoy it while you can. Don't forget the big game is tomorrow at Montgomery Blair High School 3:00pm. It's going to be a big one, so come early and enjoy the festivities. Be blessed family!

Today's scriptures are about our Eternal life through Christ. Do you know Jesus, and have you earnestly received Him as your personal Lord and Savior? If your answer is no, then what will happen to you when you die? Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Death is inevitable for all of us, and since we have a Spirit living inside of our body, what happens to our Spirit? Some people can answer that question with full assurance, and some people honestly don't know the answer. Maybe you joined a church with your parents when you were younger, and think you're saved but you really aren't sure. Maybe you joined a church during alter call but never prayed and asked Jesus to come into your heart. Maybe you did say that prayer years ago, but have sinned so much that you aren't sure if you’re still saved. These are very common questions we ask ourselves. If you aren't sure of your Salvation, then take a few moments to pray: Father God, I stand before you with a humble heart, I am a sinner, please forgive me of my sins and allow Jesus to come into my Heart as Lord and Savior. Thank You for Your many wonderful blessings, and Your Saving grace, in Jesus' Name I pray, Amen. This is all you need to enter into the Kingdom of God, Jesus said, "go and sin no more". We all know the most quoted verse John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Another important verse is John 14:6: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Jesus holds the only key to Heaven! He said: “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen (Matthew 28:18-20). If you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, and was resurrected on the third day then He'll be with you forever. He's in Heaven with God, and He'll come back to receive all who believe in Him, in due time. We won't know the day or the hour of His return, so it's important to make sure that the blood seals your Salvation. There are so many people that say, "I'm a sinner and I don't know if God will take me this way". I've also heard, “I'll wait until I get my life right, before I get saved". If we were all perfect then there is no need for Jesus. He said come as you are, and He will change your life for the better. Once you're Saved, the only way to lose that Salvation is through unbelief in Jesus' Holy Spirit (Matthew 12:32-32). Everything else will be forgiven as soon as you confess and ask. If Jesus returns tomorrow we will be resurrected and taken to Heaven to live all Eternity in peaceful bliss. If he doesn't come tomorrow, don't worry He will. Maybe not in our lifetime, so when we physically die, our Spirit will go to Heaven; it's written "absent from the body present with the Lord". Nobody really like to talk about death, but it's a reality that we all shall face, and it's our duty as Christians to make sure everyone is prepared for it. Paul said: For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. (2 Cor. 5:1) When you're life is right with God, you're properly equipped to face anything in life, or death. My favorite verses today are: God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. (1 John 2:11-12)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455142&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5569835&ct=7613829

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment