Monday, November 23, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!



I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the beginning of another workweek. I’m doing great, because this will be a short week for most of us, as we celebrate Thanksgiving. This is a time of family, fun, and fellowship, and I'm surely looking forward to it. How's your "thankful" list coming along? Last week I challenged you to start making a list of the things you're most grateful for. We're supposed to write at least 2 a night, so I have about 16 items on my list so far, some days I write more than others. This is a very enlightening exercise, because it helps me stay focused. Sometimes it takes writing something down to truly grasp it. If you have a family who traditionally sit around the dinner table on Thanksgiving and tell what you're most thankful for, then you can bring your list, and read your top few. I'm looking forward to the four-day weekend; I think I may add that one to my list as well. I'm looking forward to one full day of rest. I don't want to leave the house, work on anything, but simply relax and watch movies. Until then, I'll stay on my regular grind, and I'm thankful for that as well. I pray you enjoy the rest of your day. Be blessed family!



Today's scriptures are about dwelling in the Lord. It doesn't take much to trust the Lord with all of your heart and soul, but it maybe one of the hardest things we'll ever do. Although God has given us every reason to trust Him, we still don't. Despite all of the times God has come through when I needed Him, I still worry and have fears and anxieties, or forget to go to Him for all things. However, everyday my trust is gets stronger. Worry, fear, and anxiety are the direct opposite of trusting God. Dwelling in Him is the only way to build trust, and keep the ultimate commandment to "Love God with all of your heart". Dwell is defined: a) to live or stay as a permanent resident; reside. b) to live or continue in a given condition or state. God wants us to live in Him forever, without wavering, and with our every being. It's written: One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple. (Psalms 27:4) The Psalmist David knew what it was to dwell in the Lord, because He followed God's will for His life, and sought Him with every part of himself. He was living proof that you don't have to be perfect to dwell in the Lord. David made plenty of mistakes, but he never lost Faith in God. God was so pleased with David that He promised to make his son ruler of Israel after he passed away. David's son Solomon was one of the most wise, powerful, and wealthy men who reigned over Israel. As Solomon got older, God became displeased with him, because was mixed up with the wrong people, and ended up worshipping false gods. God said: “[Solomon] have not walked in My ways to do what is right in My eyes and keep My statutes and My judgments, as did his father David. However I will not take the whole kingdom out of his hand, because I have made him ruler all the days of his life for the sake of My servant David, whom I chose because he kept My commandments and My statutes." (1 King 11:33-34) We can learn a lot from both David and Solomon, because they both sinned against the Lord, however, through them we see the affects of staying with God no matter what, opposed to following the world's ways. When we dwell in God we secure our safety, wisdom, growth, and build trust in God, and in ourselves. If we don't live our life in God, then we’ll never be able to live on purpose. God spoke that phrase into my Spirit last week, and I believe dwelling in the Lord is the same as living life on purpose. A lot of us fall into the monotony of life and miss the fact that we're here for a purpose. When we get stuck in a rut, or a tedious routine that isn't making a difference for the Kingdom of God, then we're not living on "purpose". Everyday we're to dwell in the Lord, ask Him what we could do for Him, and follow His commands. Seek His wisdom, and through that wisdom, He'll show us our purpose in life. Then we live on purpose, without fear, or limits, because God is sovereign. He cannot tell a lie, and has proven Himself in your life over and over again. Do not be afraid to dwell in Him, because He's real, and He never changes. The only thing that God requires of you, so can dwell in Him is that you’re covered in the blood of Jesus, which in turn makes you righteous. Righteousness through Jesus Christ is a free gift, and accepting that gift, is the first step to living on purpose. Trusting God with all of your heart, always and forever, is all you need to do to dwell in Him and He in you. My favorite verse today is: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalms 91:1)



ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455159&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197

http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter2.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5569835



I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment