Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying this terrific Tuesday. I'm doing well, looking forward to an awesome weekend, and it's still early in the week. It's coming close to Thanksgiving, which is a little over one week away. Can you believe it? We're having a big Thanksgiving dinner at my church, and I'm looking forward to food and fellowship. Most importantly, I get to have some fried turkey, and I've only had it once before. Please know that I'll be in the gym really heavy this week, and next week to get prepared. Turkey, Honey Baked Ham, Turducken, all types of sides, and cranberry sauce, yummy! I love food, so I guess that's why I'm a Chef. It seems I'm always rushing against time lately. Please pray for my catering company to get off of the ground; because I feel like I'm losing it, my dishes are hit or miss now, because I don't practice enough. Hopefully I get to redeem myself this Thanksgiving season, I'll try some new dishes and post the recipes for you. Are you ready for the holidays? I'm very excited! Please make sure that you don't miss the meaning of this very special holiday, it's not really all about the turkey. Take sometime and think about what you're most thankful for, and make sure you tell God all about it. Have a wonderful day, be blessed family!

Today's scriptures are about understanding the Wisdom of God. How powerful do you think we would be if we fully understood all of the thoughts of God? I don't know how many times I've cried out, "God why me?" I'm sure all of us have experienced that at one time or another, and in some cases God will reveal the reasons behind the storms, and in other cases we'll never know until we reach Heaven. I often say that God is above anything on this earth, and there is no greater god than He. We don't have the ability to understand the enormity of God, and it's only by His Spirit that we’ll ever be able to receive His allotted wisdom. It's almost like an epiphany when He reveals the truth and light to us. Have you ever been studying a subject in school that you just couldn't grasp, then one day, after studying and tutoring, you finally get it? We have those moments with God more often then not. Times when it seems like He’s not listening, or we’re missing that connection, then all of a sudden He shows up with this strong force that confirms His love for us. It's not until we seek His knowledge will we be able to dig deeper into who He is. Jesus taught in ways that forced us to use wisdom and our Holy Spirit to understand God’s will. He taught in Parables, and it's written: And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. (Matthew 13:10-13) What does Jesus mean by all of this? If you look at it in the eyes of the world, it'll make your head spin. However, if you look at it through the Holy Spirit, you'll know exactly what it means. God reveals things to each of us differently, so it may be saying one thing to you, but something totally different to me. I believe that Jesus spoke to us in parables to force us to get in tuned with our Spirit. He wanted us to dig deeper, and seek the knowledge from our heart, and not our head. The knowledge will only come to those who are worthy of receiving, and you'll know by your fruits. When you get some time, continue reading the remainder of chapter 13. Although it may be said that you will never know everything that God knows you still have to constantly seek the answers. God will grant wisdom to whoever asks. As part of our ultimate commandment, "Love the Lord God with all of your heart", we must take the time get to know Him. However, you cannot communicate with God under the burden of sin. The only way to be separated from sin is through Jesus Christ, who in turn anoints you with His Holy Spirit. God is Spirit and we are flesh, so we must communicate through the Holy Spirit. Jesus said this to Peter before He was crucified: I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. (John 16:12-15) If you don’t understand, then stop what you're doing and say a prayer, first asking Jesus to be your Savior, then asking the Holy Spirit to grant you the wisdom to understand, and stay focused with a pure heart. My favorite verse today is: We ... do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. (Colossians 1:9)

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment