Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another beautiful terrific Tuesday! I could get used to this weather year around. Last year we had a really cold winter, and I'm sure most of you remember those heating bills. I pray we don't have to go through that again this year. Tomorrow we celebrate Veterans Day, so take a moment and pray for our Veterans. I'm grateful for the men and women who serve our country. I thank those of you who dedicated your life to protecting our freedom. My dad was drafted close to the end of the Vietnam War, so he's a veteran. My cousin Myshakia currently serves in the Navy, and I have close friends that serve in the US Army as well. I want all of you who serve, or have served, in the military to know that I thank God for you. My Grandmother is doing well; please continue to keep her in your prayers. She said most of her pain has subsided; she's just having difficulty breathing. Thanks for your prayers, have a blessed and wonderful day family!

Today's scriptures are about our faithful works. We serve a God who never sleeps nor slumbers, and spend all of His time working on our behalf. We’re made in His likeness, so He expects the same from us. Jesus and His disciples walked the earth, working tirelessly to spread the gospel of salvation. They taught the Word and Love of God, without any regard for themselves. They sacrificed all of their earthly possessions and most often their lives. They went into lands where Christianity was forbidden, in an undeniable effort to save the lost. Most of us may be familiar with this: And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen (Matthew 28:18-20) This commandment is meant for each of us, because we are "Disciples of Christ". What does this mean to you? We don't spend much time thinking about the well being of our fellow brothers and sisters, because of our selfishness. I was the same way for years. I went to church every Sunday, paid my tithes, and contributed to friends are family members who were in need when possible. I gave change to the homeless guy whenever I had it, and I was considered polite and kind. How many of you could say that about yourself? Do you think that's okay? Take some time to read about the journey of Jesus and His disciples. They were never limited to the aforementioned things, yet so many of us are. God commanded us to work to strengthen His Kingdom. I honestly didn't learn that until a few years ago when I started to write the devotionals. This was a start, but it isn't enough. God started instilling all of these different ideas and passions in my heart, and they all revolved around one common goal, showing His love to the "Church". Now He's led me to Fairfax Christian Church, where all of my ideas and passions are slowly turning into reality. I've recently signed on to be a Deacon and am working on starting an after school program. All of this took years to develop because God was creating a new person within me. I share this with you to help you see that we're all works in progress, so we must be open to God's master plan. Lose all sense of self, and submit to God with the "Thy will be done" attitude. It's also very important to work on yourself to grow and mature into a better person, but God intended us to do way more than that. This reminds me of when we go over the safety instructions on an Airplane right before we take off. The flight attendants’ say, in the case of an emergency and oxygen is needed, we're to put on our own mask first, before we attempt to help anyone else. This is done because we cannot adequately help anyone, until we're properly equipped ourselves. In order to get to the point of Discipleship, we must go through that refinement process we're always talking about. Completing God's will isn't always easy; it often requires sacrifice of our time, money, and resources. The enemy never stops working to bring down the Kingdom, so we can’t stop working to build it up. God will provide our every need, as long as we have Faith (James 2:26). When we're on His path, there's no need to worry about where our help will come from. Remember Jesus asked, "If God clothed the lilies of the field how much more would He do for you?" (Matthew 6:25-30). The start of service starts with Jesus Christ. In order to walk and talk like Jesus, we must know Him. If you haven't, accept Him as Lord and Savior, and you'll see a world of possibilities open up for you, then it's up to you to diligently follow His lead. My favorites verses today are: I beseech you, ... brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1-2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455146&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5569835&ct=7613853

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment