Thursday, April 15, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today's scriptures are about the strength of redemption through Christ Jesus. Knowing that you're being redeemed is a powerful thing. It takes a lot of pressure off of you, and allows you to have peace and serenity. To know that there's a God in Heaven, who's working within you, to make you strong, and is willing to be strong for you, is alleviating. It took a strong Man to make that walk to Calvary, take stripes for something He didn't do, and to endure being nailed to the cross. I thank God for that Man, we know as Jesus Christ, because without Him I would have no redemption. I can assure you that without Him, I wouldn't have the strength to endure working, scraping, and pulling to survive this life, and the mistakes I've made. The beauty of God’s love is the fact that Jesus endured for everyone else's mistakes. The beauty of salvation is that we're blessed with everlasting strength through Jesus Christ. The flesh is weak and frail, and it easily buckles under the pressures and temptation of life. I can testify that when I didn't have a proper relationship with God, I was very weak. I lived a life that I never wanted to live, and I compromised, because I wasn't strong enough to stand up to the enemy. I done things I never wanted to do, because I didn't have the strength to love myself, and endure the life I'd been given. There are so many people who conform to the evil ways of the world, simply because they aren't strong enough to endure. The good news is that you don't have to endure it on your own. Jesus is our Redeemer, and strength, but He's waiting on us to ask, seek, and choose Him. He's waiting on us to surrender to His calling on our life. God is amazing! There's nothing bad about Him, as the world would have you believe. He's more than fair, loves us unconditionally, and has laid out a life for us meant to make us strong servants. When life starts to get me down I try to sit back and evaluate the things going on. When I get exhausted and feel like I just cannot take another step, I try to gauge what I've been working so hard for. I ask myself if what I'm doing will glorify God. After I do all of that, I always end-up praying to God saying, "Lord I need your help, I can't do this on my own, give me strength", and He always redeems me. I've always admitted to being a dreamer, but those dreams help me aspire to achieve greatness, however I have to learn how to balance my dreams with reality. Reality is that without Christ I'm nothing, and can do nothing. Reality is that I can only go as far as He'll allow me, because I must follow His will for my life. Every day's a different journey, but I have to walk with Him, and when I do, I can cover way more ground, and accomplish so much more. Peter warned us to "submit to God and resist the devil", which is the key to staying strengthened all the days of our life. It's written: Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 5:6-11) No human being is exempt from suffering, that's just the way of an imperfect world. Isn't it great to know that you are redeemed by Christ? Allow Him to be Lord of your life every day, and your strength will continue to be renewed. Take the God Quiz today! My favorite verses today are: He is able ... to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him. (Hebrews 7:25)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455302&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment