Friday, April 30, 2010

Daily Devotional Dday & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the end of another workweek. TGIF! God has placed some wonderful people in my life, and I'm so happy that I'm open to receive them. Remember to always cherish your friends and loved ones, because some are Angels placed in your life for a reason. Never take anyone for granted, because you just never know who he or she is, or what part they’ll play in your life. It's written: Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. (Heb. 13:2) Have a wonderful weekend family, and be blessed!

Today's scriptures are about the keeping the Word of God. The key to maintaining righteousness, and staying in the will of God, is having the correct focus. When everything we do is done with God in mind, we're sure to keep His Word. God’s Holy Spirit guides us exactly where we need to go, and He lives in every believer. We each have a different journey in Christ, and He will make sure we get there, when we keep His word. He warns us to stay humble, because every blessing comes from the Lord. There are some people who get really "high and mighty", as they mature in their Faith walk. They’re appointed to leadership roles, or anointed with great gifts, and sometimes start to go ahead of God in life. Then there’s the "baby" Christian, who refuses to grow up. They pray and ask God for things, that aren't in His will, because they don't have a personal relationship with Him. These people may stay in the "wilderness", because of their ignorance. As I've grown in my faith, I've been in these stages, and can potentially go back, if I’m not careful. I can testify to the fact that it's hard to follow the will of God perfectly, because temptation is too great. We just can't do it in the natural, because perfection is unattainable in the flesh. I'm at a point in my Faith walk, where God isn't as lenient with me. When I know what He's asked me to do, and don't to it, I'm punished immediately. It was only because of this frequent chastisement, that I finally prayed and asked God to give me the wisdom to be able to know His will for my life, and follow it. He simply said, "stay with me", and at that moment, I was immediately convicted, because it's always been that simple. I believe this is the answer to Christians overcoming bondage. When I stay in the presence of the Lord, by keeping my focus on Him at all times, I'm truly blessed with that peace that surpasses all understanding. I know me, and so I have to I surrender to the Lord each day, because I'm in this constant battle with my flesh. There are still days that my flesh may win, but those days are few and far between, but were more frequent just a year, or even a month ago. The worst thing we can do is think that we got it, because as we know, our relationship with God is like a plant that needs to be continually watered. Jesus said: "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." (Matt 13:18-23) Which of these are you, and how do you handle the Word of God when it's sown in your heart? God actually said to me, "stay with Me", what does that mean to you? When He said that to me, I immediately saw, and felt, times where I've been down or depressed. Right after He showed me some of those the moments, He showed me the moments before them. In each scenario I saw where I became disconnected from Him. I saw where I should've been doing one thing, but I was doing the other, and again He said, "stay with Me". The only way to live life in victory, everyday, is to humbly follow the Word of God. To do that, is to actively, and purposely seek Him. In everything you do, pray and ask for clarity. If you're lost as to what you're supposed to be doing, pray and ask for wisdom. If you’ve fallen short, confess and repent. These things are all a part of loving God with all of your heart, showing Him that you respect Him, and trust His judgment. Remember, “an idle mind is the devil’s playground”, so continually seek God. Read His living Word, and live by it. Jesus Christ is the glue that holds this bond together, so without Him, you're lost. Pray and ask Him to be Lord of your life today! My favorite verse today is: If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455317&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment