Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about conquering worry with faith. I don’t know one person who doesn’t worry about something, at one time or another; it’s a natural thing to do in the flesh. At the same time, worry shows a lack of faith in God. The only thing that overcomes worry is trust, and that is true when it comes to everything. In a relationship, if you don’t trust your spouse, you’re going to worry about them being faithful. That lack of trust comes from a past failure, mistake, or a breakdown in communication. The same goes for your relationship with your children, because you know they’re growing, and you can’t always trust them to do things that are above their maturity level, so you end up worrying about them. It will come a time where you’ll have to trust them, so simply pray, let go, and trust God to care for them. No relationship will work without trust, and that’s especially true in our relationship with our Heavenly Father. God asks us to stay close to Him, by praying without ceasing, reading His Word, and meditating on it. If we’re doing these things, we have nothing to worry about, because we’re building a strong relationship with Him. His Holy Spirit works within us to teach us the things we should know, in order to compete God’s will. He also helps us pray, it’s written: Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (Romans 8:26-27) Doesn’t this all sound so simple? Especially since we hear it every day when we read our devotionals, or every Sunday when we go to church. Those who hunger for God will be blessed beyond imagination. There’s no need to want for anything, because God promised to grant our every need, as well as some wants and desire. Yet stress is the leading cause of sickness, disease, and even death. My mom and grandmother had this saying, “you’re gonna worry me to death”, and in all actuality, that is such a true statement. I can truly testify to that, because stress, depression, and sickness, all had a strong hold on me, just a few years ago. It wasn’t until I truly surrendered my life to God, that He delivered me from that. There’s a section in the Sermon on the Mount, which Jesus preached about worry. I was drawn to this section, because worry ruled my life. I used to worry from the time I woke up in the morning, until the time I laid down at night. I couldn’t sleep, because as soon as I closed my eyes, thoughts started swirling around in my head. I was thinking, “How am I going to do this?”, “who’s going to take care of that?”, “what if I do this?”, “where is this going to take me?”, “why did I do that?”, and this went on and on, until my peace was completely gone. All I could do was open my bible and read, and most nights prayed until I fell asleep, and the Holy Spirit always led me right back here, so I’m going to leave you with this:

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature (or one hour to his life)?
“So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble
. (Matthew 6:24-32)

Now, if God makes the flowers beautiful, and they’re thrown out tomorrow, how much more will He do for you? If He makes sure that the birds eat, and have homes, what more will He provide for you? I wasn’t going to share this entire passage, but I know that someone needed to read it from the Word of God. This passage changed my life, and I hope it does the same for you. Have faith in God, simply because He loves you, and will never let you fall. Thank Him every day, because even when it seems like He isn’t there, He working on your behalf. Ask Him for everything that you want, need or desire, and if you have faith, it’s yours, period. He won’t ever give you anything that will cause you more worry, anger or pain, but He will allow certain things, in order to reach out to you. Don’t take my word for it; you have it from the mouth of Jesus Christ himself. He’s the key to strengthening your faith, because through Him, all blessings flow. Start praying right now, and ask God for the answers through Christ, cast your cares upon Him, and leave them there. Believe me as long as you’re faithful in seeking Him, He’s faithful in answering. Don’t forget about the God quiz, it may shed some light for you. My favorite verses today are: O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing. (Psalms 34:9-10)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455322&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment