Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Today's scriptures are about loving one another. Love is one of my favorite subjects; I just love love! God is the epitome of Love. Everything He is and does is based upon His love for us. We're made in His likeness so we have the ability to love just as He loves. He's working in us to create righteousness and perfection, in which love is a catalyst. Jesus said: "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." (John 13:34), but there are many Christians who don't know how to do just that. Now how do you think that makes God feel? The fact is if you can't learn to love other people, how could you really know how to love God? Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 13, about the greatest gifts we've received from God, but also how everyone who professes to be a Child of God doesn't know how to truly Love, and the dangers of that. He ends this chapter with this: And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (1 Cor. 13:13) Some of the reasons people have trouble with love is because of past circumstances, and being unforgiving. There are some people who want to openly love others, but they're afraid, because they’ve been hurt. This reminds me of the movie "Precious", where this young lady faced every horrible scenario of abuse that you could come up with, and this abuse came from her parents, the people who were supposed to love her unconditionally. There's a scene in the movie where her teacher told her that she loved her, and she said something like, "I don't want you to love me, because love beat me and raped me, love is a horrible thing". This was the part of the movie where I broke down in tears, because I know and have experienced real love, and I couldn’t imagine ever feeling that way. There are numerous people that don't think that they deserve real love, because they they’ve never really received it from anyone. What they don’t know is that unconditional love comes from God, and when you trust Him with your whole heart, He’ll show you. I think that's why God commanded us to love our neighbor, because some people can only gauge love by the amount of love they receive from others. When we love the people we come in contact with, we’re showing them the love of God. After all, love conquers all, and there's nothing that could tear it down. The people who said they loved you but really didn’t, were being used by the enemy, to attempt to scar you, and build fear in your heart. The only other thing that blocks our ability to love unconditionally is an unforgiving heart. I learned a long time ago, that forgiveness is for you. When you hold on to past hurts and pains, they begin to fester in your heart, and will ultimately make you bitter. If you're not willing to forgive people for their trespasses against you, how do you expect to be forgiven by God? You have to let that go, because when bitterness and resentment get's into your soul, it could block your ability to love with an open heart, then you’re disobeying God's commandment. I know you're wondering, especially if you've been hurt over and over in your life, how to let go and love again. I've been in that place before, and a part of me still is, but the one thing I hold on to is hope. From the moment I wake up in the morning I can feel God's presence and His love. Its almost like He fills me with love, and I can't help but praise Him. Because of that, I could look into the eyes of a known enemy, or someone who intends to do wrong by me, and still see the love in their heart. How did I get to this point? I just let go and let God. I prayed and asked Him to help me learn how to forgive quickly and love freely, and He answered. Whenever I'm struggling with anger, hurt or resentment, I pray to God and ask Him to see me through. Paul wrote: ...rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (Romans 5:2-5) There you have it right there! Open your heart to God, allow Him to pour His love into you, and then He'll begin that work within you. Remember, He didn't give us these commandments to set us up for failure, but He's equipped us with every tool we'll need to obey them. All we have to do is reach out, and open up. I promise, if you forgive and ask for forgiveness, and let go of the past, you'll be filled with so much love that it'll overwhelm you. Love is a gift, but so are some trials, because they help mold you into the person God wants you to be. I'll leave you with this last question: Which takes more energy, to love, or to hate? Jesus loves you unconditionally, so take on His energy and love freely, and leave the consequences up to God. He's given you the Holy Spirit to help you decided who, what, when, where, and how to love. First trust Jesus to love you, and open your heart to Him. Allow Him to be Lord of your life today. If you need a prayer partner, I'll be happy to pray with you. My favorite verse today is: Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. (1 John 4:7)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455329&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment