Thursday, May 13, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today's scriptures are about praying openly, honestly, and by faith. We were created to fellowship and worship the Lord. The word worship is found in almost 200 verses in the New King James version of the Bible, but what does the word mean? It's defined by Merriam-Webster as: reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power... Now this leads us to finding out what the word "reverence" means; it's defined: honor or respect felt or shown. With this newfound knowledge, isn't it safe to say that prayer is a part of worshipping God? Of course it is, because it's a sign of respect when we acknowledge Him in all things. I was listening to Dr. Stanley’s radio show, entitled "In Jesus' Name" (it can be found in the audio archives on his website), and he said one thing that went off in my head like a light bulb. He asked a simple question, similar to this: "Don't you know that you're praying to the all powerful, all knowing, wonderful Ruler of the Universe?” When he said that, it was like I hit the jackpot in Las Vegas, I heard "ding, ding, ding, ding, ding". It was such an epiphany to me because I never thought of it like that. Don't get me wrong, I know God, and I love Him with all of my heart and soul, but when I'm praying, it's like I'm speaking to my father, or a best friend who loves and cares for me unconditionally. It's almost like if you were best friends with President Obama, and you talk to him everyday, you're not looking at it as if he's "the leader of the free world", but you see him just as your best friend Barack. That's how comfortable I've gotten in my relationship with God, but sometimes I have to step back and remind myself that God is the creator of everything, yet He loves me so much that all the hairs on my head are numbered. Through Jesus Christ I can do all things, because He taught us to make our supplications known to God, with thanksgiving, faith, and In His Name, and it's already done. When we pray, we must pray with a purpose, and with full assurance that our prayers will be heard, and answered. Prayer is a form of worship, so we must do it with passion, and as often as we feel the need, because He's always longing to hear from us. We learn today, from the first verse of scripture, "Pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." (1 Tim 2:8), so we shouldn't hesitate to go to God for anything, at anytime, or anywhere. Remember, Jesus said: “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." (Matt 10:32-3) If you're ever feeling an uneasiness in your spirit, take a few minutes and pray to God for clarity, right then and there, and trust Him for an the answer. If you're experiencing pain and heartache, go to Him in pray, right where you're standing. If a friend asks you to pray with them, or for them, take the initiative and pray wherever you are. When something good happens too you, be adamant about thanking God immediately, no matter who's listening. Yet and still, always take out your personal time for worship as well, often and consistently. Worship in your car, at church, or in the comfort of your own home. I remember being in Hawaii, and the Executive Chef, whom I never had a "real" conversation with, commented on my "level of Faith", and I was surprised because I was unconsciously worshipping God at work, and everyone around me took notice. There are times when the devil would put fear and doubt in my mind, but my relationship with the Holy Spirit has become much better than my relationship with the enemy. Just on a side note, if you don't have a relationship with God, then you do have a relationship with the enemy, because he's actively using you for his own purpose. Jesus said: He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. (Luke 11:23) Prayer is the number one means of communication with God, and the one and only way that He'll be able to grant all of our wants and needs. Sure He knows these things already, but He requires fellowship and worship, which also falls under the ultimate commandment "love the Lord your God with all your heart". Keep in mind the components of prayer are to first acknowledge God (Father God...), then thank Him, make your supplications known, confess your sins and ask for forgiveness, and then end by including Jesus (In the Name of Jesus, Amen). You can do this in any order you’d like, and can tell Him whatever's on your heart, ask for whatever you need, and He'll be there listening, with an open heart, no matter what. Just make sure you always pray in Jesus’ name, because that stamp, sign, seal, and delivers your prayers. If you haven't accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior then that's the first and most important prayer. Follow the format, and ask Jesus to be Lord and Savior of your life; if you need help please let me know, because I love you and want to see you in Heaven. My favorite verse today is: Without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455330&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment