Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Daily Devotional Day and Night (Post #300!)

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying this beautiful "terrific Tuesday". I'm doing well, and God is always so good to me. There are a lot of times when I feel like things have come to a standstill. There are moments when I'm moving non-stop and precise, and then there are the moments when everything is in the air, in chaos, and I don't know which way to turn next. Have you ever felt like that? I think these are times when the only thing we can do is pray. As in going to your quiet space, your prayer room or closet, and just being with God. Sometimes a prayer simply consists of asking God to show you His will, and then sitting quietly, waiting on Him. That's so relaxing, and you can almost feel the pressures of the world, and the uneasiness oozing out of your pores, and after you're done, you'll be able to see everything much more clearly. All praise, honor, and glory be to God! Thank you Father for this revelation. Enjoy the remainder of your day, and be blessed family.

Today's scriptures are about the power of praying for one another. You know I'm a firm believer in praying for others, because of the volume of prayers I ask you for. As believers, we're all one body of Christ, and we need each other to function, as we should. I know I'm only here right now by the grace of God, and because someone prayed for me. There were times in my life that I didn't pray, but as the gospel great Helen Baylor sings, I had "a praying Grandmother (and mother)". I'm sure we all could share a testimony or two, where someone prayed us out of some mess. I'm grateful for your prayers, especially when I don't have the strength to pray for myself.

Prayer is the base of our relationship with God. It's the way we communicate with, and show our love to Him. In praying for one another, we're showing God that we trust Him with our, and our neighbors' concerns. It's also a part of the second ultimate commandment, to "love our neighbors as ourselves". We should pray for everyone, whether friend, foe, stranger, or best friend. Jesus once said: “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you... And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise. “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. (Luke 6:27-28, 32-33) To pray for others, especially those who has hurt you in some way, shows true growth, and Love for Jesus Christ.

The entire objective in our Christian life is to promote growth. Remember, once we become believers, our old self dies, and we begin to grow into new righteous creatures. In order to mature in our Faith walk, we must openly communicate with God. We must also openly communicate with other believers, by sharing our testimonies, and asking for help and prayers when we're in need. As well as offering help and prayers to others in need, as often as necessary. You know one of my favorite verses of scripture: Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James 5:16) We've been put here to exalt the Kingdom of God, and when we work together, we can accomplish so much more.

Some people operate on the "I" system, and wonder why they're suffering in their prayer life. I know I'm not the only one who’s ever consistently got down on my knees, and only prayed for myself. When I prayed, it was "Lord, I need", "I want", etc., and that went on for a while. I felt this conviction in my heart. It was like I lost a connection with God, and none of my prayers were being answered. It felt like I was stuck in the wilderness, and couldn't get out. Then the Holy Spirit spoke to me and asked something like, "When are you going to pray for anyone else?" I immediately fell to my knees and asked for forgiveness, because I was truly being selfish. Now when I pray, I can still feel that conviction. I actually try my best to pray for the needs of others, before I pray for myself. I've noticed a huge difference in my prayer life, and my prayers are always answered. Note, that when we’re loving God, and loving others, He’ll grant us everything we ask for. As well as, when we’re praying for the needs of others, suddenly most of the things we thought we needed were vanity, and we can better count out blessings.

At my current church we take time out to share our "joys and concerns" with each other. The Pastor prays with the congregation, and we give thanks for the joys, and cast the concerns on the Lord. Each time I've voiced my concerns to the church, my prayers have been answered. It's very important to surround ourselves with positive people. I thank God for those of you who pray for me, even when I don't ask. I have a group of friends I often confide in, and we actively pray for one another. I've noticed a huge change in my life, when I stopped worrying about what people thought about me, and used my life, the good, the bad, and the ugly, as a testimony. That's a part of the reason God allows things to happen in our life. King Solomon wrote in the book of Ecclesiastes, "there's nothing new under the sun". We're rarely alone in our struggles; someone else has been there and done that, trust me. I encourage you to surround yourself with prayer warriors, and I'll volunteer to be the first member. I love you, and want nothing more than your happiness and success, in everything you do. Never hesitate to contact me, or the group, if you're in need of prayers, or someone to pray with.

My first prayer is, if you're struggling, or feel alone and empty, like something is missing in your life, and you haven't confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior, is that you'd do that today. I pray that are willing to confess to God that you're a sinner, and ask Jesus to come into your life. God is waiting on you to say that one prayer, and then you'll be given the power of Christ, to be able to pray and ask for anything in His Name, within His will, for yourself and others. I pray for you daily, and I will continue until I have no breathe in my body. I thank you for doing the same. Even Jesus prayed for us, so let's follow His lead. My favorite verse today is: Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455426&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment