Thursday, August 26, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoyed this beautiful Friday eve. I'm doing well, and am especially ecstatic to see Friday! It seems to have been a very long week, and I’m grateful that I’m here to see another day. The saying "time waits for no man" is so true. I'm trying to figure out where the day went, because it seems like I blinked and it was over. The bible always mentions how short life is, the Apostle Paul refers to life as a race to the finish, however in this race, it's not about when you get to the finish line, but how much you've accomplish for the Kingdom along the way. Jesus is our fuel, because His love gives us the strength to endure. I love the Lord with all of my heart and soul, and because of that, I’ve vowed to serve Him, no matter the sacrifices I have to make! He's so good to me, that my rewards are far more satisfying, than my sacrifices are painful. Sometimes we just need to slow down, and take the days as they come, because I can testify that if you're rushing to get to the next step in life, you just might miss the important things, especially the loving blessings God has given you. Enjoy your family and friends, life, nature, as well as the lessons learned, and let go of fear, because you only live once. Enjoy the remainder of your day, and be blessed family!

Today's scriptures are about the gift of Holiness, which allows us to commune with our Holy God! The purpose of reading daily devotionals, going to church, and studying our bible, is for the sole purpose of seeking God. We're learning who our creator is, so we could better know who we are. We're made in His likeness, but He alone is Holy. He's sacred, righteous, perfect, spiritual, loving, kind, forgiving, etc. I could go on and on with words that best describe who He is, but I believe Holy pretty much sums it up. We (mankind), on the other hand, lost that sacred bond with Him, when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge. Just like that, we were allowed to experience life on our own. Sin was introduced, and there we have it, we lost our Holiness! That was a serious problem because Holy and evil cannot mix, and sacrifices had to be made, so that we could effectively communicate with Him. There we're alters and temples built so that people could go and shed the innocent blood of animals, and confess their sins to High Priest, in order to be forgiven. That worked, but was no good, because the solution was only temporary. It wiped away their sin, but it didn't make them Holy. I don't know about you, but I'm so very grateful for the Gospel!

The Gospel (also known as the good news) of Christ turned our spiritual state around. One last sacrifice was made, and we now have the opportunity to be covered by the blood of the Holy Lamb of God. This is a great gift from our gracious, wonderful, and Holy God, because by His stripes we are healed! That separation has since been amended, and no one has to experience separation from God again. This is possible because the blood purifies the body. When we believe in Christ Jesus, we become a part of the Body of Christ, and His blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness, which makes us Holy. We're responsible for walking in righteousness, and being as though the Holy Spirit lives inside of us, it doesn't have to be a hard task. All we must do is Love God and Love one another, confess our sins and repent of all unrighteousness, and we're free to fellowship with God.

Jesus said: “If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:15-18) When Jesus willingly went to the cross, He was freeing us from darkness. At the same time, He taught how to live in this dark world, but not being a part of it, allowing it to consume us. Trust me, even the righteous can fall into the pits of darkness, the enemy works very hard to make that happen. I believe we often stay in the darkness, longer than necessary, because of ignorance. We honestly don't know the power we have in Christ. I know for a fact that had I known God 10 years ago, the way I know Him now, I would be in an entirely different place, mentally, physically, and spiritually. However we can't live by the "would have, could have, or should have" mentality, because God doesn't make mistakes, we do, but that's okay.

Holiness is inside of us, we have power to move mountains by the Holy Spirit, and we must share that with the world. When we're living in righteousness people will notice, and that includes family and friends. Some people will be drawn to us, and others will flee. That's all a part of life, so we must pray for those who are lost, share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and hope that we'll convince them to find Holiness in Christ Jesus. Paul said: Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. (Acts 20:28) Did you know that you're responsible for a flock? God works through us to teach, and to guide others to victory! He needs us to exude His Holiness at all times, and not just when we're at church, or talking to Him. We must walk in the ways of Christ, because people are depending on us more than we know.

If Jesus isn't at the head of your life, you are not Holy. Holiness is a way of life, and the only way to stay in tune with God, because He won’t intermingle with unrighteousness. I urge you, as God said: For I am the LORD your God. You shall therefore consecrate yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy... (Lev. 11:44) Because of sin, the only way that would be possible is by the Blood of the Lamb, who is Jesus Christ. Take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455435&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment