Thursday, August 26, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying this beautiful "hump day". I'm doing well, and appreciating the beautiful weather we're having toward the end of the summer season. I was thinking about cooking and food as a whole today. I was wondering how my fire went out, and why I haven't had the desire to create lately. When I first graduated from culinary school, I was on fire, and ready to cook every day, now not so much. I know it's one of my gifts, and a part of my life’s calling, because I still light up when I'm around food. I wonder why something, that was once a strong light in our life, dies out. Have you ever had that happen to you? If so, how do you light the fire again? My guess would be to evaluate past events and try to discover where the disconnection happened, to better reconnect. I would also suggest surrounding yourself with the things you love, and take things one step at a time. I hadn't really given it much thought, until a certain question was posed to me earlier today. Life happens, and God has reasons for everything, but the enemy also has a hand in distracting us. One of his main objectives is to steal our joy! I've decided, right here and right now, that I'm not going to let that happen! Please keep me in your prayers, because I'd like to rekindle the lost flame of an old love. I challenge you, if you feel like something's missing in your life, to actively seek that missing link, and rekindle the old flames, that brought positive light into your life. Never stop dreaming! Enjoy the remainder of your day family, and be blessed family!

Today's scriptures are about Jesus bringing us up out of the pit. I love the Lord! I'm rejoicing because of what’s been revealed to me through these verses of scripture. I'm so grateful for the Love of Christ, because it cannot be compared to the love of anyone else. Jesus loved us despite our flaws, faults, or anything that we've done in the past. Not only does He love us through them, but He pulls us up during the lowest points of our life, and gives us victory! I have so many testimonies, and I'm happy to share them with anyone who's willing to listen. There's nothing wrong with being human and making mistakes, and as long as God understands and forgives us, that's all that matters. He has promised to pull us out of the pits of life, and when we fall down, He'll pick us up and dust us off, and I trust Him to do just that.

Life is this series of ups and downs, good and bad, highs and lows, and there's nothing much we could do about it. It's been that way from the beginning of time, because of sin and corruption. Mankind has been its own worst enemy, and because of it, many have been destroyed. Until the selfless act of Jesus Christ! He's changed the face of sin, forgiveness, and salvation forever. He's freed us from destruction, because we are unable to free ourselves. God is righteousness, and He wants us to be righteous. We fear Him, because He's our Heavenly Father, and He will do whatever it takes to makes sure that we have all that He's meant to give us in this life. At the same time, when we continually disobey Him, we will experience His wrath. He created us for Himself, so He won't stand for our wickedness and total disobedience.
Thank God for Jesus Christ, because closer to the beginning of time, people were destroyed when they utterly disobeyed Him. At one time, God got so fed up with mankind, that He destroyed all flesh, except the one in whom He took favor. It's written: Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. So the LORD said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Gen 6:5-8) Things were so bad, and people sinned against God so much, that He decided to wipe the slate clean and start all over. He gave man a choice from the start, yet everything that He gave to them out of love, they turned it into evil. Even though a man as righteous as Noah was saved, and procreated, which ultimately replenished the earth, the enemy still runs rampart, promoting sin, by controlling all who allows him.
After this unfortunate event, God was so grieved by the great lost of His creation, that He made a covenant. It's written: "Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” (Gen. 9:11) He has kept that covenant until this day, and we have proof of that from the rainbows we often see, after the rain. It's written: I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. (Gen. 9:13) Here we are, over 2000 years later, He's not only kept His promise, but He’s offered us a way out of sin, and a life of wickedness and deceit forever. He freed us from the bondage of the enemy, which was responsible for keeping us in the pit for so long.
It irritates me when people use the devil as an excuse to freely disobey God. You know the famous quote "The devil made me do it"? I have to be honest with you, or my writing would be in vain. You now have a choice! The enemy can persuade you to stray, but it's written: You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4) We have more power than we give ourselves credit for, but it's important for us not to allow our flesh to dictate our walk with God. I'll be the first to admit that it's easy to get the lines crossed, because the enemy romanticizes the dark road, to make it seem like the better choice. Jesus has made it possible for us to never have to walk on that dark road again. I for one choose Him each day, because I've been down that dark road. It's scary, confusing, lonely, and painful, and I don't want to go there ever again. Thanks to Jesus Christ, I never have to; a person will only go down that road if they choose to.
If you've accepted Jesus Christ as Lord, you have the Holy Spirit's guidance, so don't fret. If you read some of the stories in the Old Testament of the Bible, you'll learn that the wrath of God is something that you don't want to ever experience. He only wants what's best for us, so He took on the sin of the world, by sacrificing His own Son. He loves you that much! The New Testament better shows us His loving side, which starts with the birth of His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus relayed a message of peace, joy, happiness, forgiveness, salvation and most importantly freedom. If you don't know Jesus as Lord, then I urge you to make the right decision today. God is waiting on you! My favorite verses today are: But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ. (Ephesians 2:4-5)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455434&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment