Tuesday, August 10, 2010

daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Today's scriptures are about living in the midst of evil. Yesterday I started to write about the nature of the flesh, which is very pertinent to today's message. The “flesh”, which was created from the dust that comes from the earth, is the body’s natural form. Adam and Eve are responsible for mankind’s free will, and the knowledge of “good and evil”. Consequently, we're born into a sinful nature, and our flesh wants whatever it wants, when it wants it. In the flesh we are of a carnal mind, so we often give in to our every want and desire, without hindsight.

As we know, everything we do has a consequence, good or bad, so living by the flesh has proven to be very dangerous, to say the least. It's written: As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. (Eph 2:1-3) Wow! Paul describes us as "objects [or children] of wrath" when operating in the flesh. Wrath is a really strong word, but now that I think about it, before I surrendered my life to Christ, I can remember the wrath that was caused by me, or was brought to my life. It came because of the poor decisions I made in the flesh. I am proud to say that Jesus Christ is the best thing that has ever happened to me!

When we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, we're anointed with the Holy Spirit. Our spirit is being transformed, and we begin to take on the heart and mind of Christ. We begin to thirst for the Lord, and to quench that thirst we must learn who He is, and pray for the strength and wisdom to overcome the world, and the things of it. At the same time, we have to live on this earth, and mix and mingle with unbelievers, and the flesh heavily influences us. The enemy glamorizes everything, to make it seem more than it really is. As we grow in our spirit, we'll begin to realize just how empty the ways of the world are, because God will reveal the truth. It's written: Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. (Romans 8:5-8)

You may be asking, "How can I live above the world, but still be very much in it?" The answer lies in one word, "surrender". When we come to a realization that we cannot do anything without Christ, we'll begin to surrender to His will. Surrendering means to live on purpose, and with a purpose, as well as looking to Christ for guidance. Our main goal is fellowship with God, so we must do just that. We must spend quality time with Him, by studying His word, praying without ceasing, and meditating. Those things seem so simple, but because we're in constant battle with our flesh, it's harder than you may think. The enemy will throw so many things in our way to keep us separated from God. It's up to us to recognize what’s of the Spirit and what's of the flesh, and quickly avoid or lay down the things not of the Spirit. You must understand that it's not all about you, just as Jesus did right before the time of His crucifixion, when He told God "not My will, but Yours, be done". (Luke 22:42)

When we're continuously focused on God, we don't have time to focus on the world. Constantly thinking about how we can please Him, will give us an inner peace, which surpasses all human understanding. He'll give us the strength to move a mountain, but keeps us meek and compassionate. I speak from personal experience, almost like the Apostle Paul. I've been extremely low in my life, and I've watched the wonder that is Christ flourish in my heart, mind, body, and Spirit. I still struggle in my flesh daily, but the struggle isn’t my main concern. I've experienced rewards for right choices, and punishments for wrong, so I'll choose God over anything else. I surrender each day, praying and asking Him to show me His way, and give me the wisdom to complete His will, and that He does. I sometimes fall short, because I'm a human being, but I try my best, and I love God with all of my heart, that's all He asks for.

If you haven't accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, you're still in the flesh. You must confess to God the fact that you're a sinner, and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life. God will forgive you of your sins, and fill you with His Holy Spirit, and you will forever be changed, once you surrender. Jesus prayed, ” Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil", so ask God to help you over come the world, and surrender to His Spirit. If you're not sure of your Salvation, or want more information, check out Dr. Stanley’s God Quiz. My favorite verse today is: The Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455419&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment