Friday, January 28, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about expecting strength from God in Christ. I, like every other human being, has had my share of weak moments. As I look at them in hindsight, I can truly see the immeasurable part God has played in my life. I know I’m not the only one who’s gone through times where I was blatantly sinning, but then again, I didn’t really understand what was going on. The universal law of God, for everyone in the world, is “you reap what you sow”. With that being understood, when I would experience my weak moments, I would start going through my sins, and wondering which ones I was paying for. When in all actuality, I should’ve been looking for God’s strength to help me endure these moments. I hadn’t yet realized that when I asked for forgiveness, AND repented, God forgave me, and those sins were forgotten. I’m so grateful for the love of Jesus Christ, because it’s only because of Him that I expect the strength of God. He lives in me, so all I have to do is ask for it in His Name, and it’s given.

I remember when I was living in Oregon and attending school; there were times when things were very tough for me. I was in an accelerated program, so I had classes from 7am-12pm Monday thru Friday. I worked in the financial aid office at the school, so I would immediately report to work, clock in by 12:15pm, and work to 7 or 8:00pm. After school, I’d have to go home, do homework, perform my domestic duties, and prepare for the next day. Now this sounds rough, but it gets rougher. My marriage was at the highest point of trial that it had ever gone through. I was on the other side of the country, with no family, and the one person who was there to support me, was adding fuel to the fire. This seemed like by far the hardest thing I had ever experienced in my life! At the time, I knew that God sent me to Oregon to obtain my degree, so I relied on Him for the strength to endure.

Quitting wasn’t an option, because this was one thing I knew I was required to finish. Things became so bad in my marriage, that once I got off of work and headed home, I would literally run from the elevator to my apartment, because I had been on the verge of breaking down all day. When I closed the apartment door behind me, I’d fall like a puddle of water into the middle of the floor and sob uncontrollably. I was experiencing an indescribable pain, and all I could do was pray. I would allow the sobs to come, until they ran dry. I’d then getup, clean myself up, sit at my computer, put on my headphones, and listen to so some gospel music while doing my homework, or whatever special project I was working on. The next morning, by the grace of God, I would wake up on time, head to school, and do it all over again. I graduated with perfect attendance, and a 3.96 GPA. Throughout this major storm in my life, I confided in only two people, one of whom I’m still close friends with today, and the other was my supervisor. When I told them what I was going through, their answer was, “I would’ve never guessed you were going through that, I don’t know how you do it”. My answer was… Yes you guessed it, “Only by the grace of God”!

I see so many people who go through trials, who stay so low in spirit, because they don’t lean and rely on God for strength. When I tell them to give it to the Lord, and ask Him for strength, they would say, “I’m just not as strong as you”. Trust me when I say that I may be the weakest person you know, but I believed Jesus when He said that by faith I have the strength to move mountains! Some days my faith is stronger than others, but when I understand that God has called me to complete a task, I must do it, I have no other choice. However, I rejoice and delight in the fact that God choose me, and He’s refining me, so that my inner-righteousness will reflect on the outside. When I think of all of the times that God has pulled me through, and I’m talking about on a day to day basis, I can’t help but shout GLORY HALLELUJAH! Thank you Father God, for all that you’ve done for me, and all that you’re doing right nowin Jesus’ Name, Amen.

If you call on the Name of Jesus in your times of weakness, especially the times when you feel like you can’t take another step, He’ll be right there with you. He said: Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matt 11:29) If you haven’t confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior you don’t have that option. When you’re weak, you’re weak on your own. Please take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now; Jesus is the only alternative. My favorite verses today are: My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455590&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment