Monday, March 7, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about being married to God. God relate our relationship with Him in several different waysFather/child, brother/sister, friends, and husband/wife. These are pretty much all of the different types of love, so He loves us anyway we look at it. He loves us as a husband loves his bride, and throughout our life, He’s preparing us for that final meeting, where we’ll leave this physical life, and be with Him forever. When He chose us to be a permanent part of His Kingdom, it was like a husband choosing a wife. There’s something special and unique about each and every one of us, which is why He makes a promise to be with us now and forever. We’ll have our ups and downs, disagreements, arguments, and sometimes our silent treatments, just like any other relationship, but God will never give up on us. He’s promise to love and cherish us, through the good and bad, sickness and health, but the great part is that death will reunited us, not do us part.

The day I was engaged, was a special moment in my life. I felt like the most beautiful and loved woman in the world, because this man chose me. My wedding was one of the most special days in my life, because I was the bride, about to give my hand in marriage, to someone I loved dearly. It didn’t matter what anyone else said or thought about what I was doing that day, it was all about him and me. We spent months and thousands of dollars preparing for this one day, because of what it meant, and I was truly happy. I had to make sure that my hair and makeup was perfect, my jewelry flawless, and the dress that I chose was a dress that my groom would adore. When the day arrived, and the doors of the sanctuary opened, and I saw his expression upon seeing me, it was a beauty that I can’t explain. His smile lit up the entire room, and he was the proudest man there. I saw the reflection of God’s love in his eyes, and I made sure that I gave that right back. Now we all know that this didn’t end in “happily ever after” for us, but this was still one of the most magical seasons of my life.

We spend most of our lives looking for fulfillment. We try to find it in the perfect spouse, children, home, or career, but for some reason, no matter how much we achieve, we always want more. I think that’s because true fulfillment comes from that one perfect union, and that’s our union with God, through Jesus Christ. If we don’t have a relationship with Him, then our world just isn’t right. However, when He’s introduced into our life, it’s like meeting that perfect mate. God begins a good work in us, and cleanses from the inside out. He dresses us with His love, grace, and mercy, so when the world sees us, they’re seeing Christ in us. We’ve become one with God, and everyone knows it, because we wear His light in our eyes, and on our lips, as a bride wears her beautiful wedding ring. He’s made a promise to us, that He’ll forever be there to love and care for us all of the days of our life.

God has always offered us the option to be with Him, closely and freely. If you’ve accepted Jesus as Lord, you’re in a relationship with someone who could actually read your thoughts. He knows what we’re going to say, before we say it. He has closely and lovingly ordered our steps so that we could live a life full of peaceful bliss. He’s given us the beautiful gift of Salvation, and the Holy Spirit to help us through everyday life; all we have to do is be open to Him. It’s written: From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’” (Acts 17:26-28)

Do you understand how much God loves each and every one of us? There’s no end to His love, no bounds to His mercy, and no cap to His grace; it’s all for you. You’ve been chosen, and if you don’t know Jesus as Lord, then it’s time to get to know Him today. He’s been waiting on you. Please take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (Isaiah 61:10)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455628&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment