Friday, March 11, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about how to recognize true blessings. You’ve probably heard the saying, “everything that looks good, isn’t good for you”; this is so true in so many ways. Recognizing true blessings, which come from God, is something that you learn as you mature in your faith walk. It takes really knowing God, and understanding what’s most important to Him. We’ll only grow spiritually by studying the Word of God, spending time with Him, and being in tuned with our Holy Spirit. I can’t quote these scriptures enough: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1Thes. 5:16-18) When we’re doing all of these things, we’ll be blessed tremendously. At the same time, we’re always going to be tempted and triedthe enemy dangles, and even offers us the “forbidden fruit”, and makes it seem like it’s the most delicious and nutritious fruit that has ever been created. However, we learned valuable lessons from Adam and Eve, as well as the artificial blessings he offered to Jesus, when he tempted Him in the wilderness. If he tried to win the heart of the only begotten Son of God, what stops him from trying to win our heart?

The enemy is very crafty, and uses so many things to lead us into pitfalls. He’s a master of illusion and disguise, and can easily convince the non-believer, or even a Christian with wavering faith, that what he can give us is far better than what God offers. He works in subtle ways, and if we aren’t wise in the ways of the Lord, we’ll fall for his artificial blessings. The Apostle Paul wrote: For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Eph 6:12) The enemy preys on the weak, and offers temporary pleasure, through people and things, which will leave us feeling empty inside. He has the world thinking that anything that make us feel good, or fulfils the need of our vanity, are blessings. As believers we are above the world, so the Holy Spirit will always let us know what’s real. Rule of thumb, if it doesn’t feel good, it probably isn’t.

Money is so controversial to people in the Christian faith; how much to give, how much to keep, what to buy, etc. It’s a cause of great division in the church (well it could cause division in any relationship). This verse may be the most misquoted and misunderstood verse in the bible: “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil…” Some people turn this into “money is evil”, which is far from the truth. They not only leave out the key part, “the LOVE of…” they also omit the remainder of this verse, “…for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” (1 Tim 6:10) Money is one of the devil’s primary tools, used to pull believers away from God. However, God will always bless us with exactly what we need, as well as what we are wise enough to handlenothing more nothing less. Nevertheless, if we aren’t careful, we’ll find ourselves doing what Paul mentions, in the sometimes forgotten part of, the aforementioned verse. A true blessing from God is for us to be at peace with or without an abundance of money. He wants us to be grateful, as well as faithful with every dime that He blesses us with. He requires us to be faithful tithers, and always willing to give to those in need.

Life is full of ups and downs, but God blesses us in every circumstance. Actually, there’s not a day that goes by that we aren’t blessed. I’m a pretty adventurous person, and there are some things that I’m willing to do, go, or try, that others may not. I know God, and I refuse to allow fear to rule my life. I understand that He created this earth, and will bless me with everything I want and desire while I’m here, because I try my best to live for Him. I understand who I am in Christ, so I know what I’m worth; I’m no longer as susceptible to the things that the enemy tries to pass off as blessings in my life. Most of the time I can spot him from a mile away, but he slithers like a snake, and can sometimes slide by undetected. He knows that patience is one of my biggest challenges, so he tries to offer me the “cliff notes” version of what I originally asked God for, but it’s up to me to recognize the prototype, and never take anything less than what God has promised me. I know that God loves me, so His blessings will never cause me any ill will, or unnecessary pain in my life.

The most important blessing to all mankind is the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. Anyone can ask for it, and they will receive it. When we study the Word of God, and learn the ways of Jesus Christ [whom we’re striving to be like], we learn that God is far above the ways of the world. Money, fame, and prestige aren’t the only, or most important, blessings we receive. Salvation, peace, joy, forgiveness, fellowship, love, companionship, children, good health, a warm bed on cold nights, food when you hunger, water when you thirst, etc. are just fewit’s the simple things that matter most. Remember, when you count your blessings you find gratitude, and gratitude leads to repentance, and repentance leads to freedom. If you don’t know Jesus as Lord, please take a few minutes to take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. (Proverbs 10:22)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455632&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment