Thursday, December 10, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today's scriptures are about the certainty of our Salvation. Are you at peace with your Salvation? Just because of who you are in Christ, you should have peace in knowing that God always has your best interest in mind. Everything that happens in our life is meant to happen, and it's written: Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand (Psalm 37:24). Peace is something that too many of us, especially Christians, don't have. It's missing because we're not certain about our salvation, or know what it means. We should know, without a shadow of doubt, that God will keep us in His hands at all times. Jesus intercedes for us, and keeps us connected to Him. Sin won't make us lose our salvation because Jesus has already taken care of that on the cross. Unbelief is the only unpardonable sin, as it's written: “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:31-32) As long as you believe in the one true God, who is indeed the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, you're forever under His loving care. You can rest assured that you're salvation can never be changed, broken, removed, or lost. Salvation is more than just a spot in Heaven, but it's a portal to the strength, power, love, authority, and compassion given to us by our Savior Jesus Christ. We sometimes get lost on our journey because we start to look around, and compare ourselves to other people. Looking back, and living in the past also sidetracks us, but that's no good, because we cannot adequately move forward if we're focused on everything but that. Through salvation we can be certain of our growth, God is consistently pruning and shaping us into righteousness. He sees it in us all along, but we don't see if in ourselves, because of our uncertainty. The only way to overcome it is to feed our hunger for knowledge, and ask for wisdom. Jesus promises to give us all that we need, to not only survive the harsh reality of life, but to overcome it. It's written: “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." (John 15:1-4) The word of God always gives me rest, because whenever I'm uncertain I pick it up and seek Him. The Holy Spirit speaks to me and shares awesome promises like these. Ignorance is a dangerous thing. Do you understand that we're nothing without Him, but everything with Him? He needs to use us to build the body of Christ because we're physically here, but He's providing the nutrients. God will remove the old dead hindrances from our lives, to allow us to blossom, and bear wonderful fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22). He needs you to trust Him, and know that He's in control and will never leave nor forsake you. Times can, and will, get rough, but in those times be certain that the blood of Jesus Christ saves you. Anytime you may doubt that, pray and ask for strength, and it will be given to you. Anytime you've lost your way, pray for wisdom and guidance, and by Faith paths will be lit, and unknowns will be made known. I speak to you by the Spirit, as well as from personal experiences, which gives me wisdom. If you're in any way uncertain of your salvation pray this prayer: "Father God, I confess that I am a sinner, I ask that Jesus come into my heart as Lord and Savior, and forgive me of my sins. I thank you for your love, mercy, and grace, in the Name of Jesus I pray, Amen." If you pray that prayer with a sincere heart, and faith in the Trinity, you will inherit all of these promises you've read today. I love you as God loves me, so please join me in our inheritance it's free. My favorite verses today are: Our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work. (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455176&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5623073&ct=7689971

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment