Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Daily Devotioanl Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying this brisk "hump day". I'm doing well, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and I'm so excited. However, I haven't done any shopping yet, nor have I put up my tree. Hopefully I find time to do it this weekend. I'm looking forward to a nice family dinner next week; we're blessed to have my Grandmother with us one more Christmas. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. To see someone you love become terminally ill makes you not only appreciate and cherish them more, but it allows you understand your own mortality. God willing, she’ll be around for many more Christmases, but in actuality, this could very well be the last Christmas for any of us, so it's important not to take each other for granted. Spend time with the people you love, and don’t stop yourself from loving someone, because you never know when you’ll get the chance again. Don't waste time hating, resenting, or being spiteful to anyone, because life is too short for that. Instead, use that energy to bring light to someone's life, forgive those who have trespassed against you, love hard, and live on purpose. During this Holiday season, and the quick approaching New Year, think of how you can better reflect the love of Jesus. Enjoy the remainder of your evening, and be blessed family! By the way, I did get my bag yesterday, thanks for your prayers!

Today's scriptures are about Jesus' love. Do you truly believe that Jesus loves you? The logical answer to that question is yes, however, most of us don't live our lives in that way. Jesus’ love is pure and true, and it doesn't discriminate. I've always stressed the fact that love is an action, and not merely a feeling. Jesus proved His love for us once and for all, when He gave His life on the cross. I know that sounds a little cliché, or like something I'm supposed to say, but this needs to resonate within your soul. There are numerous Christians that can't really comprehend the extent of His love. If they did, the world would be a better place. Most of today's scriptures come from the book of John chapters 13-15. Near the end of all of the Gospels, Jesus starts to reveal more himself His followers. He told them how He had to die and why, but He also left them with the promises of His everlasting presence, and the eternal bond they’d (we’d) share. He not only spoke these things, but He proved them. Before His death He stayed close to His loved ones, and humbled Himself as a servant. These words He left for all of us past, present, and future, in hopes to create an unbreakable bond. He wants us to have peace in knowing that we're never alone. He wants us to understand that He has conquered the world, and we have nothing left to fear. Jesus said: “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” ...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:1-4,6) Jesus' entire life was based on this alone. He came to be the "way, truth, and life" for all mankind, and that was done out of love. His entire life was meant to do these awesome and extraordinary things, which no one else could've achieved. Can you fully understand how much He loves you now? He and God are one in the same, and if God is love, then Jesus is love also. He came to save everyone, and loves us unconditionally, but He holds deeper compassion for those of us who love Him in return. It's written: "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” (John 14:21) He came to mend the separation of the believers and God. When we accept Him as Lord and Savior we enter into a relationship with Him. He lives in, and works with us to build a deeper and stronger bond. His love is to be reciprocated, and not taken for granted. He gave Himself so that we could have a good life, one full of peace, joy, and happiness. In order to fully understand the awesome love Jesus has for you, you must build a personal relationship with Him. I’ve only shared a few promises with you today, and there are many more where those come from, just pick up the bible and ask your Holy Spirit to join you. When we stand on Jesus’ promises that allows us to greater receive His love, which in turn helps us share it with others. I thank Jesus for who He is, and what He's done in my life, and it hasn't stopped with my Salvation, that’s just the start. If you don't know Him as your Lord and Savior then now is the best time to become acquainted with Him. I promise you this is one decision that you will never regret. My favorite verse today is: Christ ... loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. (Ephesians 5:25-26)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455182&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment