Friday, December 18, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

Happy Friday!

Today's scripture's are about having the boldness of Christ. As we read stories about Jesus, we could get a great sense of His confidence in Himself, because of His relationship with God. He was a great example of how we should live everyday. He gives us the power necessary to overcome any obstacle we may face. In His Name we could ask for anything we need or desire, within the laws of God, and by Faith it shall be given to us. When we stay in tuned with the Holy Spirit, He'll give us clear guidance as to what we should ask for, and how to be prepared to receive them. Did you know that when you invited Jesus into your life as Lord and Savior you inherited His power? We are no longer under the power of the enemy or the flesh, because we are Children of God! We should walk in confidence in knowing that the almighty Lord is in complete control of our life. As my airplane was taking off on last Friday, I realized how much I don't like flying, because the concept of it is beyond my comprehension. However, I know that planes were created to better get us where we need to go, and I will fly through my fear of the unknown, because I know that God will take care of me. I work late hours, and after work I go to the gym, and run errands sometimes. Most people would be afraid, because as we know predators usually lurk at night, but I'm not afraid because I've asked God to watch over me, and He does. I listen to my Holy Spirit, and He will give me the guidance I need to stay safe. I can honesty say that there aren't a lot of things I fear, because I know I’m protected by the Blood of the Lamb. I do have some fears, doubts, and insecurities, but they are usually brought on by guilt, or lies from the enemy, and the world’s ways of thinking. According to the world, especially in the United States, our credit score, assets, education, outer appearance, and prestige measure us. Who are you, if you lack any of these things? God knows where you've been, where you are, and where you're headed, and in order for you to know these things you must boldly ask for the answers. Some people say that we shouldn't question God, but if we don't seek answers to the questions or reservations we have, how would learn where we need to be? Isn't it refreshing to be able to say, “this is where I went wrong, and I know not to do that anymore”? Mistakes are a part of life, and are meant to help us grow, but they could only hinder us if we don't stand up with confidence in the fact that we’ve been forgiven. The Lord said to Jeremiah: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Then said I (Jeremiah): “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the LORD said to me: “ Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD. (Jer. 1:6-8) How many times have God told you to do something and you answered Him with, "but God I can't do this"? I can't begin to tell many times I've said that. God made these promises not only to Jeremiah, but also to all of us. We all have the power of prophecy through the Holy Spirit, and we've been chosen to do great things. We have something that Jeremiah didn't have, and that's the power of the blood of Jesus. God knew us before we were formed in the womb, and predestined us to complete a task, and nothing could stop us from getting there, not even us. Our hesitations could cause us to stay in the wilderness, but we'll eventually reach our promised land. As of today drop all fear, and pick up the power of Jesus Christ, and you don't have to look far for it, because you've had it all along. Boldly accept your inheritance, and live like a true child of God. If you don't know Jesus, then you should be very afraid. Get to know Him now, and live like the Kings and Queens you were created to be, with grace, poise, and prominence. My favorite verse today is: Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. (Romans 8:15)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455184&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment