Monday, June 14, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night (Throw Back)

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today's scriptures are about God's wisdom. We get ourselves into trouble when we try to "make things happen", without first consulting God. God is the creator of all things, so He knows what's best for us. I've tried, for a long time, to "make things happen" in my life. I had the attitude, I can do all things, as long as I set goals for my life, and I work hard toward them, I'll be OK, I was partially right, however, I skipped a very important step. What I do now is first Seek God's plan for my life, when I feel like I have an answer from Him, I then set goals, and work hard to achieve them, all the while, seeking His guidance along the way. When I went to study the word last night, my bible was already opened to James chapter 3. I was drawn to this most: Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (James 3:13-18 NKJV). What I took from this chapter was the fact that we cannot say what "we" will be doing a year from now, because of what "we" have planned or want to do, especially if we planned with without seeking God. We don't know if we'll even be alive a year from now, however, we need to seek Wisdom from God, for guidance. I can tell you from experience, nothing, I mean nothing, will ever come out the way we planned them, if the plan doesn't come from God. "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God", is a verse to live by. God is wisest, He will not lead us astray, it's so much easier to allow Him to guide us, instead of trying to do it ourselves, and keep getting hurt. He'll show us how to do it right the first time, all we have to do is ask Him. My favorite verse today, ironically, is: If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)


ENJOY (Today's scriptures and radio show)!

http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455362&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197

http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment