Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you enjoyed this gorgeous Terrific Tuesday! It was an absolutely exquisite day, as far as the weather is concerned. I usually don't get to be outside during the day but for an hour or so, as most working adults, but the one hour that I had was wonderful. We have to see God's beauty in everyday, but days like these give us more evidence of His love. Be sure to thank Him for another day, because it is a present. Many times we're so busy rushing to the next event, or even the next weekend, we fail to cherish each day (I'm talking to myself). Pray with me, Father God, thank you for life, love, loved ones, and all of your many wonderful blessings. Please forgive me for rushing through days, taking for granted each precious moment I have to spend with you. I pray for my brothers and sisters reading this right now, that you bless them with the wisdom to see you in everything, and a humble heart. Thanks for the good and bad, ups and downs, sunny and rainy days, because we know that you're in the mist of it all, and it will work together for our good. In Jesus' Name, AMEN! Well the Holy Spirit felt I needed to share that prayer with you, so pray it with a sincere heart. We should always serve Him with Praise on our lips, and thanksgiving and love in our heart. Enjoy the remainder of your day family, and be blessed!

Today's scripture are about the importance of continued prayer. Prayer is our primary means of communication with God. We must pray often making our and our neighbors’, supplications known. God is always waiting to hear from us, and He delights in blessing us with those things that we’ve asked for. He wants us to be happy and at peace, so prayer is how we’ll stay that way. When in prayer, we should pray with the Holy Spirit, and He searches our heart to make sure that we’re confessing any sins that we may have committed, as well as asking for the things we need to stay on God’s path. Continued prayer helps keep us convicted of sin immediately, as well as keep us aware of God’s presence, which will help us avoid sin altogether. Just as prayer is our main connection to God, sin is our main disconnection, so it’s important for us to repent for sins shortly after they occur.
I’ve found that when I start my day in prayer, the Holy Spirit is almost awakened inside of me, and He speaks to me more throughout the day. He keeps me aware of my surroundings, and helps me see clearly when my prayers are being answered, or the enemy is attempting to steer me off course. When I end my day in prayer, I’m able to properly thank God for the blessing of the day, and make supplication for the people I’ve encountered, or things that’s needed for the following day.
We must also take extended times to pray and meditate on God’s word. Although we have the Holy Spirit as our guide, we must also study God’s Word to gain the knowledge and wisdom to know what we should be praying for. Ignorance is a powerful thing, and we can miss out on many blessings because we don’t know God’s Word. So we must designate elongated periods of time for prayer. Some people have a prayer closet, or prayer room, that they use to escape from the world, and the noisiness of life, to spend quiet one on one time with God. Jesus used to leave all of His friends and followers behind, to have His special prayer time. He would spend this time in the presence of God, learning about, thanking, and praising God, making His supplication known. I can testify, that there’s nothing more gratifying then spending time with God detoxifying from all of the evils of the world. Fasting, meditation, studying His word, and praise all help in this process.
We must also pray for each other. Today one of my best friends suggested that we start a prayer line, so that we can all get together and pray with, and for, one another. This isn’t a new concept, but has been practiced for years. Even Paul asked his friends to pray for him, he wrote: Pray for us; for we are confident that we have a good conscience, in all things desiring to live honorably. (Heb. 13:18) There’s power in numbers as well, so it’s important for us to pray together as a group. Jesus said: “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18: 19-20) There’s great testimony and praise happening when people get together in the Name of the Lord, because He’s there in the midst of them.
The bible is filled with accounts of people in prayer, it could be found from cover to cover. Prayer is something that shouldn’t be taken lightly, nor taken for granted. I can assure you that you have no real relationship with God if you don’t pray without ceasing, because you’re not communicating with Him. Prayer is as important as oxygen, without it you will suffocate and spiritually die. Jesus summed it up perfectly with one of my favorite passages in the bible: “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” (Luke 11:9-10) I guarantee that the answer to receiving in abundance, peace, joy, happiness, and prosperity lies in these two verses.
Please don’t make the mistake of only praying when something is going wrong in your life, because you’re missing out on so much more. A lot of times when friends come to me with different problems, my first question to them is “Did you pray about it?”, and surprisingly the most common reaction is “I don’t know how to pray”. Jesus taught us how to pray in the most popular prayer in Christianity, “The Lord’s Prayer”. You probably could quote it verbatim, but have no idea what Jesus is teaching you. Take some time to read it, and stop after each verse and try to relate that sentence to your life today, and it’ll start making perfect sense to you. As always, if you need a prayer partner, please let me know.
Jesus is the key to having your prayers heard, without Him there is no connection to God. Praying in His Name is the stamp that gets our mail delivered. If you haven’t confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior, then it’s said that that’s the first and only prayer that God will answer of yours. That one simple prayer is no joke, so please take some time and pray right now. For more information, you can check out Dr. Stanley’s God Quiz today. My favorite verse today is: Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving. (Colossians 4:2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455356&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment