Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today's scriptures are about relying on the strength of the Lord. We all have those times when we're weak and weary, and just feel like we can't take another step. Whether it's dealing with a heavy workload, taking care of a family, or the many other physical and mental stresses of life, God will give us strength to get through them. The best jump-start to a weary heart is a jump-start from the Spirit of God. When we're connected to Him, we'll always run with supernatural energy and strength. Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matt 11:28-30) This is a reason to rejoice, because this is a promise made to everyone who believes in Him. We no longer have to stand on our own, but Jesus gives strength and peace to all who come to Him.

I'm sure you've thought to yourself, at one time or another, "I don't know where I'm getting this energy from, but I'm grateful for it". That seems like an everyday thought for me. I'm always so busy, and on the go, and those nights I send the devotionals out at 1 or 2:00am, I'm literally just finishing up and sending it out, because I've fallen behind. I always wake up the next morning ready to do it again, because I ask God for the strength to get through the day. It's like I become plugged into His energy source, which carries me throughout the day. Then there are times when I'm mentally drained, where I'm bombarded with the pressures of life itself, including work, raising a teenager, writing, accomplishing my own goals, going through divorce, rebuilding a new life for myself, and being open to whoever needs an ear. I just got tired from adding in all of those commas, but that's just the half of some of the things that we go through in life. I'm sure there are people who are going through greater trials than I, but no matter the trial, they're all energy drainers, to say the least.

This makes me think of something I saw on a movie the other day, the first law of thermodynamic energy by Sir Isaac Newton, "energy is neither lost nor destroyed it is merely transferred from one party to the next." I believe this is very true, even in human beings. There are two types of energies, positive and negative. One drains your strength, and the other gives you strength. Some negative energy comes from the world, and the things we allow ourselves to ingest. When we surround ourselves with negativity, we're absorbing that negative energy, and it begins to suck the life right out of us. Then there are things that drain our strength, which we have no control over. We're all struck with unsuspected grief like the lost of a loved one, job, and/or the unexpected end of a relationship. When any of these things happen we must go to God for a positive recharge. We can’t be of any service to Him if we don't have the energy to cope with the world. His Word is the number one positive energy booster, because it's filled with His laws, promises, love, and the key instructions to live a positive life. The Holy Spirit is within us leading us in the way we should do, and He promotes growth. When we pray and ask Him for guidance, He'll speak to us through His living Word, He'll speak to God for us, and/or help us pray. He's that catalyst, which jumpstarts the energy that comes from Jesus, but we have to stay connected to Him.

As children of God we have natural strength that comes from within, and when serving the Lord, we'll have strength beyond anything that we could ever imagine. In my opinion the book Psalms is the best book to gain strength. These are accounts of the great men and women of the bible, who were having not so great moments. Even they got weary, but writing these songs, which give account of their pain and triumph, was their therapy, and is meant to give hope. One Psalmist simply said: The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation. (Psalm 118:14) When we purposely look to the Lord for everything, including our strength, we can better understand that He's our Savior! He's the reason we have life, and because we're in the flesh, we'll have moments of weakness, but not to fret, God said “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Cor. 12:9)

If you don't know Jesus as Lord, then you're only relying on your own strength. Just imagine how much more you could accomplish with the strength of Lord. I am a living witness, and without Christ, I don't know where I would be. He's brought me out of some dark places and given me the strength to persevere. If you are a believer in Christ but still lack strength, then you have to tap into your energy resource. The only way to do that is to seek Him. My favorite verses today are: Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. (Isaiah 40:28-29)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455442&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment