Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Today's scriptures are about being in love with Christ. How many of you know how it feels to be "in love" with someone? Hopefully you've each had the opportunity to experience this wonderful gift from God. To be in love, means that you have completely given your heart to another person. Your main concern is pleasing them and making sure they're happy, because they've made you so very happy. You think about them constantly, want to be near them all hours of the day, and you thank God for them being in your life. You consult them before making major decisions, because you value their opinion. Does this sound familiar? Being in love usually means that the person loves you just as much, or even more. How many of you would say that you feel this way about Jesus? I will shout it from the rooftop; I am in love with Jesus Christ!

Jesus loves us so much that He laid down His life for us. Not just physically, but His entire life. He said: As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. (John 15:9) Jesus spent His days on earth making sure we had everything that we needed, and not only the people who were physically with Him, but all of us. He taught from His heart, fed the hungry, healed the sick, and led the lost. He never judged anyone for who they where in the past, but He judged them by their heart. His love was so strong that He willingly endured torture [which led to His physical death], for every living soul. How could you not love Him for that? He saved you! He loves you, and works each day to make sure that your prayers are heard, you're blessing are bountiful, and your heart is full. His love is unconditional, and He doesn't care if you’re rich, poor, old, or young. He loves you even if you once hated Him, He's just that wonderful!

When I was young, I would go to church and see people crying, running around, and falling out, and I wondered why. I wondered how could they make fools out of themselves like that, and questioned whether they where just putting on a show. However, as I got older I realized that they were in love with Jesus, and didn’t care who knew it. They each expressed their love in different ways, but they felt His love penetrate their whole heart, and had to share that feeling with any and everyone. I know that feeling now, because when I think about Jesus my heart gets filled with so much joy that I can't help but praise Him! I talk about Him to anyone who's willing to listen, because I want them to feel the incredible love and joy that I feel in my heart. I think about Him each day, and hope that the life I lead is pleasing to Him, and seek to become closer to Him. When I go a few hours without talking to Him, my heart aches for some type of fellowship with Him, and I have to at least thank Him for His grace and mercy. I can't go a day without Him, and I'm so grateful that I've come to this point in my Faith walk, because it's exhilarating and fascinating, awesome and amazing.

Jesus went on to say, in this chapter of John: If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. (15:10) To abide in His love means to stay in it, to be a part of it, to patiently await it, and dwell in it; in other words to be "in love" with Him. He said: “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." (15:11-13) To be in Love with Jesus, means to love everyone around you. We get to a point where it just comes naturally. You want the best for everyone, and you’re quick to forgive them if they do wrong by you, and will help anyone in need. Jesus preached love, joy, peace, happiness, and life, not condemnation, death, or judgment. Jesus wanted us to have life abundantly, and to live and learn.

Love is a wonderful thing, because it comes from God. Remember, He so "loved" the world that He gave His Son, so that ALL will have life. The type of love that He offers can't be received from anyone else. His love is unconditional, pure, free, open, forgiving, merciful, and true. The best part is that He already loves you in this way; all you have to do is be open to receive it. Seek Him, in order to fall in love with Him, and your life will change forever. Once you've experienced the love of Christ, nothing will look or feel the same again. You'll be able to love others richer and more complete, without reproach.

If you don't know Jesus as Lord, you haven't TRULY experienced love. I tried my best to explain it, but I can't do it justice, you'll have to experience it for yourself. If you're lost and confused as to what you believe, especially with all of the attacks you see on the body of Christ, take a few moments to take the God Quiz right now. Say a prayer and ask God to open your eyes, and allow you to truly see love. I promise you'll fall in love with Him, but you have to seek Him, because you can't truly love someone you don't know. My favorite verse today is: My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. (Psalm 104:34)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455462&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment