Thursday, July 8, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today's scriptures are about confessing our sins, in order to be forgiven. Some people question the act of confessing sins, because of the fact that God already knows all things. I've heard people say things like, "God knows my heart", or "God knows I'm not perfect", etc., and they go on thinking that they've been forgiven of their sins, without the act of confessing them and asking for forgiveness. That's a very dangerous outlook, and I pray that as of today you will realize how necessary it is to confess your sins to God (be sure to listen to Dr. Stanley’s radio show, found in the link below as well).
It is a known fact that everyone who confesses Jesus as Lord receives Salvation, and will have a permanent place in Heaven. With that being true, you may ask, "why should I worry about sin"? Sin is very dangerous because it literally separates us from God. We cannot truly have a relationship with Him, if we continuously sin against Him. It's written: Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear. (Isa. 59:1-2) When we have sins on our soul, it drives a wedge between God and us.
We miss many blessings from God because of unresolved sins. My Aunt gave us a great illustration, in one of our bible studies years ago. She said, imagine God sitting on His throne in Heaven watching over us, and as the enemy throws evil at us, He’s swatting it away, or deflecting it with His hands. However, when we sin, His hands are tied behind His back, because He cannot mix with sin, and He will no longer protect us from these things, or answer our cries for help. Our inequities grieve His Spirit, so He's sitting back watching us suffer, waiting, and even nudging us with conviction, hoping that we repent. It isn't until we confess our sins and ask for forgiveness, that His hands are freed up, and we're in His good graces. This illustration helped me first understand why I endured so much unnecessary pain, and avoid a lot of pain to come. It also helped me understand how serious my sins are; even the little sins could have damaging consequences, if gone unnoticed. Since then, I've made it a habit to quickly confess my sin, and ask for forgiveness. "God forgive me" is a very active phrase in my vocabulary, because I cannot have God's hands tied on me. I need His protection at all times, because the enemy is always busy attacking.
It's written: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) Why is it necessary to confess our sins? I'm sure there are many reasons, but in my opinion the most important reasons are out of reverence, fear, and/or obedience to God. It also has to do with us acknowledging our frailties as humans, and humbling ourselves before God. There's nothing more humbling then admitting that you're wrong. It takes a strong person to do that, but an even stronger person to forgive that person for their inequities. Confessing our sins also keeps us closer to God, and more aware of our sins. It's written: He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble. (Prov. 28:13-14 NIV)
The most comforting thing that I’ve learned from today's scriptures is the fact that it isn't just me. That fact helps me exhale, because I know that God is faithful, merciful, gentle, forgiving, and kind. He knew that I was a sinner, yet He still gave me a way out. He simply wants me to communicate with Him, and try my best to be righteous. He also wants me to believe in the saving grace of the blood of Jesus, and trust Him to make me whole again. He knows I’m weak, and will sometimes fall to temptations, so because of that, He's given me deliverance through Jesus Christ, and all I have to do is ask. This is also true for each believer, so no matter what you've done, God will forgive you, and in some cases deliver you from the urge to commit that sin again. Sometimes we fail to confess our sins, because we think that some are too big, or too bad, for God to even consider forgiving us for, but I'm here to tell you that that isn't the type of God we serve. He has to forgive us because He cannot tell a lie, it's written in His Word that He would, and most importantly because He loves us!
If you haven't confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior, then the only thing that's separating you from eternal salvation, and peace right here on earth, is the confession of your sins, and confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior. If you have already confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior, but have a lot of confusion, strife, and pain in your heart, then most likely you have some unresolved sins on your Soul. Stop what you're doing right now, and pray and ask your Holy Spirit to search your heart. Ask for help to understand, see, and confess your sins to God, and ask for forgiveness. Always remember that you don't have to suffer, as a matter of fact, Jesus died so you wouldn't have to, so just take those sins to God right now and everyday hereafter, and be free! My favorite verse today is: I have blotted out as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee. (Isaiah 44:22)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455386&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment