Monday, July 12, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today's scriptures are about relaying on, and basking in the presence of the Lord. There's a very famous poem entitled "Footprints" written by Mary Stevenson. Following the popularity of this poem, there were various paintings depicting what Mary wrote. To sum it up, Mary had a dream that she was walking on the beach, and across the sky flashed scenes from several moments in her life. In most scenes she noticed two sets of footprints, one for her and one for the Lord. She then stopped and looked back and noticed that in the scenes from the lowest moments in her life, there was only one set of footprints. She became angry and questioned God on why, at the times where she needed Him the most, there was only one set of footprints. Naturally, she assumed at those times He'd left her alone. She wrote: The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. "When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
When I read today's scriptures, I immediately thought about the "footprints in the sand", and how much we fail to realize or recognize the presence of the Lord in our life. He walks with us through the good, the bad, and the ugly. He provides protection, love, support, cheer, peace, and whatever else we may need, at any given moment in our life. I'll write it again, “God will provide everything we need, at any given moment in our life, because He's always walking with us”. This is why we have the ability to ask and it's given, seek and we find, and knock and the door opened.
When my Aunt first came up with the name “Faith Walk” for her ministry, a light bulb went off in my head. I think those two words are the greatest way to describe the life of a follower of Jesus Christ. Each day we have to walk with the faith and strength in knowing that He is right there. I know that there are times when things get really rough, and it feels like you can't go on, but those are the days when the Lord's strength carries you. Jesus said: Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matt 11:28) When we do this with humility, we'll find that He's been waiting all along.
As of late, I’ve been thinking about my life, and I'd see those scenes where it's been God who delivered, rescued, and healed me in times of great despair. I've had those times when I was angry at life, and at my circumstances, and even at God, because I didn't understand why I had to suffer, or endure the hardships that was of no fault of my own. He was even there in those moments, and helped me see the wisdom in each circumstance, and when warranted, the error of my ways. Knowing that the Lord will be with me always, gives me peace, and allows me to look forward to life ahead, even the tough times, because I know that that's when He's going to be strong for me.
I remember times when I only noticed the single set of footsteps, and played the victim, thinking that it was me against the world. I suffered severely for having that type of attitude, and even then God carried me through it. I'm sure a lot of you have had, or has that type of attitude. You know the times where we question whether or not God loves us, or wonder if we're worthy enough for His blessings. The best day of my life was when I realized that the Almighty Lord, the Creator of all things, and the Sovereign God of the Universe, loves me, and is walking side by side with me everyday. It's written: To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"? Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isa. 40:25-31 NIV)
These promises and more are given to those who love the Lord, and if you have trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then that is you. You loved Him enough to have that much Faith in Him, to trust Him with your life, now and forever. If you feel like you’re lost, you don't have to look too far for help, because the Lord is always with you. You have the Holy Spirit in your heart, and He offers guidance, love, and clarity of the ways of God. If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, or isn't quite sure of your Salvation, then take a few moments to take the God Quiz, it'll give you some wonderful insight. My favorite verse today is: Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. (Joshua 1:9)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455390&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment