Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying this beautiful "terrific Tuesday". I'm doing well, feeling a lot better today, and it was truly a beautiful morning. I was listening to Dr. Stanley’s teaching series on the "Desires of Your Heart", and it has me thinking about my future, and the things I want out of life. I guess as I'm approaching another birthday, it feels like I need to do some prioritizing and organizing, but its hard being a "grown-up" sometimes. I remember being a teenager, or in my early twenties, when things like this didn't really cross my mind, because I was too busy having fun, partying, and exploring. Now I'm entering the best years of my life, and I want to be sure that my desires match up with God's will for my life. It's written: Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalms 37:4) I wanted to share this challenge with you, so let's take some time to think about what we desire most out of life, then the second thing, third, etc., and then ask yourself why. Are your desires and reasons falling within the Law of God? Will you make a difference for His Kingdom? Be sure to answer these questions honestly, because no one will benefit from this but you. You can listen to these shows by going to the Audio Archives, part 1 aired yesterday and part 2 is today. Enjoy the remainder of your day family, and be blessed!

Today's scriptures are about the symmetry of Jesus and God. As I was reading the scriptures and the word symmetry rang in my Spirit. This is the perfect word to describe the connection between God and Jesus. I looked it up and found several definitions, and the one I thought would be most fitting to the message I'm attempting to communicate today is: beauty based on or characterized by such excellence of proportion. I chose this one because in my opinion Jesus and God being one and the same, yet two totally different entities, is the epitome of "excellence of proportion". I read further and saw the mathematic definition, and I thought this one was fitting as well: a rotation or translation of a plane figure that leaves the figure unchanged although its position may be altered. This is absolutely awesome! The Holy Trinity of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit fits this definition, because we receive God at all of these different angles, yet He’s still the one Almighty God. He came as the Son, the Savior and Lord of all, and lived a life as a human being, just as you and I. Once the Son died and was resurrected, He came as the Holy Spirit, and lives in the heart of each believer, but no matter how you rotate or translated it, God remains “unchanged although His position is altered”.
It's written: “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. (John 14:7-11) Jesus shared the fact that He and the Father are one with His followers often, yet they still didn't understand what He was saying. I'm sure many people still don’t get it, but Jesus assures us that if we're looking for God, we have seen God through Him. They go hand and hand, and we can't have one without the other, because they’re symmetrical.
What does this mean for us? Jesus goes on to say: ...I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. (John 14:20) From the beginning, God created man in His own image, so it was only logical that He came back as man, to dwell amongst us, and show Himself to us. He gave us a living example of what we were created to do, and how we’re to conduct ourselves. As Jesus, God taught us His ways, and showed His love to everyone around Him. He was faithful, kind, selfless, wise, and caring; all the things that we're meant to be. He now dwells inside of us, to give us the power to overcome the flesh, and the darkness of the world. We have that power by the blood of Jesus, and we can ask anything in His name, by faith, and it shall be done. Jesus once said, that with enough faith, we could tell a mountain to be cast into the sea, and it shall be done (Matt 11:20-24). We have inherited the Kingdom of God, so we're royalty. The enemy no longer has dominion over our lives, and we're free to live in peace.
God coming as the Son also gave us tangible evidence of His existence. As if the miracles Jesus preformed wasn't enough proof, the love He showed to everyone He came in contact with, showed us the softer side of God. Jesus never judged anyone, and He offers everyone a second chance at life. He dedicated His time to mentoring, and teaching anyone who wanted to listen. He healed anyone who trusted Him enough, and believe that He could. He lived His life to please His Father in Heaven, and defended His good Name. These lessons are priceless, because although we have moral laws to abide by, we aren't really equipped to with the Spiritual foundation, because those things are often shown and given to us. How could one know love, if he hasn't truly experienced it? God created us in such a way that we'd have to depend on Him for everything in life, so without Him, we're not operating at our maximum ability. He came as Jesus to make us complete and whole, and we now have the ability to live in love, and above the world.
I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ, because through Him I am not only saved, but I could fellowship with my Heavenly Father, without the hindrance of sin. What a mighty God we serve! He has made that possible for everyone. If you don't know Jesus as Lord, then you have no idea what you're missing. You no longer have to feel empty inside, simply accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and learn whom He is. He and the Father are one, and you have a chance to become a part of their symmetry. My favorite verses today are: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature. (Colossians 1:14-15)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455405&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment