Friday, July 30, 2010

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the end of another workweek (for most). I'm doing very well today, but my head is spinning, because of the numerous directions I’ve been pulled in today. Who said prayer doesn't work? Surrendering to God is the best thing that I could've ever done, because He's shown me love and given me so much wisdom. There isn't anything that I ask Him for that He doesn't provide. It may not come in the exact form that I want, but it's exactly what I need. Prayer, meditation, and fellowship are necessary to keep a close bond with Him, so that you'll know that what you're asking for is in His will. I believe in praying for one another, and your prayer makes a big difference in my growth, so I thank you. If you ever need prayer please let me know, and I'll be happy to pray for you. You know one of my favorite verses: Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James 5:16) Enjoy your weekend family, and be blessed family!

Today's scriptures are about seeking wisdom from Christ to walk in His ways. Jesus Christ was the wisest Man to ever walk this earth, because of His sincere love for His Heavenly Father. When asked who my Hero is, my answer is always Jesus, because I strive most to be like Him. Sure, we have other people we look up to and admire, but when it comes to learning how to live a Godly life, Jesus is the first person you should examine. When we're saved, we're anointed with His Holy Spirit, and then to be baptized by water. Baptism represents us being buried with Christ, washed, and then resurrected as a new person in Him. When we start on this journey, we're tempted more than ever, and if we don't seek the right wisdom and understanding, we'll never know the power that lies within. There's nothing worst than enduring pain and heartache that you don't have to endure, especially if you had the resources, to avoid or overcome, within you all along.

Paul said: Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. (1 Cor. 9:26) Seeking the wisdom of Christ will save us a lot of time in the wilderness, going around the same mountain, over and over again. Gaining true wisdom, which comes from God, is as easy as asking, seeking, and knocking, and it will be given unto you. Once we ask Him for it, we have to seek it in His word, by regular study, and meditation. We should also seek the wisdom in every event in our lives. My belief is, that you can receive knowledge from anyone placed in your path you just have to look for it. I've learned that negativity is a waste of energy, so I intently listen when I'm having conversations with people.

To be honest, I used to be a very proud person, and wouldn't take any advice from anyone who I thought wasn’t smart or knowledgeable enough. I would listen to them speak, but I would be thinking in my head, "who are they to try to tell me how to live, I know what I'm doing". I'm so grateful God is breaking me out of that, because I’m sure I missed some valuable lessons thinking that way. God has given me the wisdom to understand that I could learn from a 5 year old child, or a homeless man with a 5th grade education, so I keep my spiritual eyes and ears open at all times. It's written: He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." (1 Cor. 1:28-31) One of the wisest lessons we learn from Jesus is to never judge each other. None of us are above the other, God has the power to make or break us. It's written: Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. (Heb. 13:1-2)

I cannot stress this enough, take some time out to read the Gospels of Christ [Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John], because they’ll teach you not only the ways of Christ, but also the knowledge of God. Jesus was wise enough to know that He couldn't do anything without God, which is a part of humility. Learning how to walk in humility, meekness, and love is the first step toward gaining an unimaginable amount of wisdom. That wisdom is the difference between the believer who never grows, and is stuck in the same helpless and hopeless situation, and the believer who continually flourishes, and is blessed with much. Lay down your burdens, confess your sins, forgive, and receive forgiveness, and you'll begin to thirst for the wisdom of Christ. All you have to do is knock, and He'll open the door and give you so much wisdom that you'll surprise yourself; I can definitely testify to that.

I want to leave you with the serenity prayer. This prayer is known to be for people we refer to as addicts. People who have gone down some rough roads, and made some poor choices, but in my opinion, I think we all have. This prayer has helped me through some rough situations, so hopefully it’ll also help you. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference..." If you don't know Jesus as Lord and Savior, then that's the first step to becoming a stronger, wiser, and more courageous person. Please take the step to invite Him into your life, I promise you won't regret it. Let me know if you need someone to pray with, or take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness. (Zephaniah 2:3)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455408&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio
http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment