Thursday, June 25, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another beautiful Friday eve. I'm doing well, a little tired, but happy, healthy, and free. I love having a sunroof on my truck, because the warm feeling of sun allows me feel God's presence even more. I saw the movie The Taking of Pelham 123 with Denzel and John Travolta; it was a really good movie. I love these guys together, because they're very good actors. They take their characters to another level, they did a great job, I was on the edge of my seat most of the movie. I can't wait to see Transformers next, because I loved the first movie. I've been posting my devotionals on some blogs, and have been on Twitter trying to get my name out there, and promote my business, and pending book. I just goggled myself "Angelic Chef" and "Divine Cuisine", and I'm all over Google. That's a wonderful thing; the Internet is a powerful tool that is capable of so many things. You could reach people all over the world, so make your voice count. You can spread the Gospel of Jesus, without leaving your home, Praise God! Have a wonderful day, and don't forget to Google me, I'm the AngelicChef.

Today's scriptures are about our transformation to the likeness of Christ. Being "Born again" entitles us to a lot of things. We have inherited the Kingdom of God, and have the power of the Almighty Jesus Christ, so when Jesus returns to take us to heaven, the rapture will begin. It is written in Matthew 25:13: “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming." The Rapture could happen today or 1,000 years from now, when our flesh is dead and gone, but all those who believe will be resurrected. We shall be perfect, no sickness or disease, no aches and pains, and no heartache. We all know that death is inevitable, so this should give us comfort in knowing that not only do we have the power of Christ here on earth, but we'll also be totally transformed when we reach heaven. Jesus was appointed Lord of all, and anyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. Philippians 3:20-21 says: For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. When faced with adversity, this type of wisdom helps me truly accept and understand that "this too shall pass". Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and He'll have the last say. Money issues, relationship woes, body deformities, sickness, issues with our children, etc., all of these problems, that we give priority, are temporary. I heard a comedian ask, "Why do people say life is short, when life is the longest thing I'll ever do?” It was funny, but that always stuck with me, because life is in fact short, compared to Eternity. We're given a certain amount of time to complete a God given task, and our works determine our reward in Heaven. They determine the amount of jewels we'll receive in our crown (2 Tim 4:8). It's important that we use our time wisely, because it is a very valuable thing, and we should be careful not to waste it. We should use every opportunity we get to spread the Gospel of Christ and the love of God, just as Jesus did. He traveled high and low, climbed mountains and hiked valleys, to teach people the ways of God. He did that out of His love for us, so just imagine what He'll do for us when He returns to take us back home. We're afraid of death because we aren't confident in our Salvation. We're afraid of the after life, because we're not confident in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is why I always stress that Jesus' life is the perfect example to live by, because He's the ultimate Role Model. Everything that has happened to Him will happen to us, because we're joint Heirs to the Kingdom. We will die (hopefully not physically like He died), and those us who believed in Him will be resurrected (maybe not the way he was). However, take comfort in knowing that you will be in Heaven, for all eternity, in your mansion that Jesus prepared for you on the day you accepted Him as your Savior. No matter what you've done in the past, whether you've killed or raped someone, or if you've stolen, cheated, cursed, been a drunkard, etc., none of that matters, because by the grace of God you're righteous. We will be judged when we enter the Kingdom, but we won't be utterly cast down (Psalms 37:24). From the time we were born again, God took His time to mold and shape our Spirits into perfection, in order to prepare us for our eternity with Him. In the flesh we're sinners, but in our Spirit we're perfect children of God, adopted by the blood of Christ. It's written in Romans 8:15-17: For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. These promises are only made to the Children of God, so how do you become a child of God? It's very simple and easy, just pray to God confessing that you're a sinner, and asking Jesus to come into your heart and be your Lord and Savior. Accept Him, and when Jesus returns to receive the chosen few, you will be included. The fact that you're reading this right now means that you're chosen; please take heed, because tomorrow isn’t promised to you. My favorite verse today is: As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. (Psalms 17:15)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455008&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5200573&ct=7048047
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment